WAMC PCV

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Oboeyoudidnt

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I am still a year out from applying but wanted feedback on my tentative school list. I'm currently serving as a Peace Corps volunteer in West Africa. An overview of my application:

cGPA: 3.9
sGPA: 3.85
MCAT: 519
Indiana resident, Caucasian
Degree from prestigious music school.

Clinical experience:
30+ hours shadowing in the US
40 hours shadowing in Chile
200 hours clinical volunteering at Peace Corps post

Research: none

Other experience: Peace Corps (2 years), undergraduate TA (1 year), part time work for 2 years during undergrad

I'll be applying the 2018-2019 cycle and I am ending my service September 2018. Afterward I am planning on working as a research assistant and/or scribe before medical school. Not sure if I am aiming too high with my schools list but currently is:

Indiana
Boston U
Tufts
Cornell
NYU
Einstein
Icahn
Georgetown
GW
Baylor
Oregon H&S
UCSF
UCSD
Stanford
UNC

Thank you in advance for your feedback!

Members don't see this ad.

You should receive several interviews from your list. Add a few more schools such as Washington U, Case Western, Pitt.

In my opinion you have a healthy list considering your academic stats. On the safe side maybe you should add schools with MCAT averages in the 513-516 range that are ok with OOS and maybe a couple more in the "target" range of 518. I am pretty sure UNC is terrible with OOS so consider taking them off. Same with the california schools and baylor but if u really want to go to the west coast u can keep them. It never hurts to add a few more schools (maybe your wallet).

Start your list with WashU and work outwards in any direction. Those schools are yours.

Hello all, I am still a year out from applying but wanted feedback on my tentative school list. I'm currently serving as a Peace Corps volunteer in West Africa. An overview of my application:

cGPA: 3.9
sGPA: 3.85
MCAT: 519
Indiana resident, Caucasian
Degree from prestigious music school.

Clinical experience:
30+ hours shadowing in the US
40 hours shadowing in Chile
200 hours clinical volunteering at Peace Corps post

Research: none

Other experience: Peace Corps (2 years), undergraduate TA (1 year), part time work for 2 years during undergrad

I'll be applying the 2018-2019 cycle and I am ending my service September 2018. Afterward I am planning on working as a research assistant and/or scribe before medical school. Not sure if I am aiming too high with my schools list but currently is:

Indiana
Boston U
Tufts
Cornell
NYU
Einstein
Icahn
Georgetown
GW
Baylor
Oregon H&S
UCSF