Oboeyoudidnt

Jul 26, 2017
Hello all, I am still a year out from applying but wanted feedback on my tentative school list. I'm currently serving as a Peace Corps volunteer in West Africa. An overview of my application:

cGPA: 3.9
sGPA: 3.85
MCAT: 519
Indiana resident, Caucasian
Degree from prestigious music school.

Clinical experience:
30+ hours shadowing in the US
40 hours shadowing in Chile
200 hours clinical volunteering at Peace Corps post

Research: none

Other experience: Peace Corps (2 years), undergraduate TA (1 year), part time work for 2 years during undergrad

I'll be applying the 2018-2019 cycle and I am ending my service September 2018. Afterward I am planning on working as a research assistant and/or scribe before medical school. Not sure if I am aiming too high with my schools list but currently is:

Indiana
Boston U
Tufts
Cornell
NYU
Einstein
Icahn
Georgetown
GW
Baylor
Oregon H&S
UCSF
UCSD
Stanford
UNC

Thank you in advance for your feedback!

Beantown101

2+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
In my opinion you have a healthy list considering your academic stats. On the safe side maybe you should add schools with MCAT averages in the 513-516 range that are ok with OOS and maybe a couple more in the "target" range of 518. I am pretty sure UNC is terrible with OOS so consider taking them off. Same with the california schools and baylor but if u really want to go to the west coast u can keep them. It never hurts to add a few more schools (maybe your wallet).

Jun 11, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Start your list with WashU and work outwards in any direction. Those schools are yours.

Hello all, I am still a year out from applying but wanted feedback on my tentative school list. I'm currently serving as a Peace Corps volunteer in West Africa. An overview of my application:

cGPA: 3.9
sGPA: 3.85
MCAT: 519
Indiana resident, Caucasian
Degree from prestigious music school.

Clinical experience:
30+ hours shadowing in the US
40 hours shadowing in Chile
200 hours clinical volunteering at Peace Corps post

Research: none

Other experience: Peace Corps (2 years), undergraduate TA (1 year), part time work for 2 years during undergrad

I'll be applying the 2018-2019 cycle and I am ending my service September 2018. Afterward I am planning on working as a research assistant and/or scribe before medical school. Not sure if I am aiming too high with my schools list but currently is:

Indiana
Boston U
Tufts
Cornell
NYU
Einstein
Icahn
Georgetown
GW
Baylor
Oregon H&S
UCSF
UCSD
Stanford
UNC

Thank you in advance for your feedback!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.