MD WAMC / School List 3.8 cGPA 4.0 sGPA 517 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tri99

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
ORM

3.8 cGPA (Business Major) 4.0 sGPA (Career changer post-bac) 517 MCAT

Employment

3 years part time personal trainer/group fitness instructor through undergrad (2000 hours)
1 year medical assistant at rural family practice

Clinical Volunteering

300 hours at cancer patient self image support program

Non Clinical Volunteering

65 hours at sports leagues for children with disabilities

40 hours tutoring at foster home

Leadership:

Lead and coordinated a cancer donation drive at my school.

Shadowing:

70 hours with 2 different specialties

No real research experience outside of marketing research projects in undergrad which is completely unrelated.

I am looking for help with a school list. I feel as if my stats could make me a competitive applicant, however I don't know if my long term employment as a personal trainer prior to the decision to change my career path completely into the health field will compensate for otherwise subpar ECs. I will be limited in the number of schools I can apply to so any help on a list besides state schools would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Get about 50-100 for non clinical hours with underserved. Try to get 20-30 hours at a hospice. Apply broadly and don’t shoot for research oriented schools with 0 research. An adcom will help with a school list better than I can. @Goro

Reactions: 1 user
Get about 50-100 for non clinical hours with underserved. Try to get 20-30 hours at a hospice. Apply broadly and don’t shoot for research oriented schools with 0 research. An adcom will help with a school list better than I can. @Goro
I agree 100%, except for the research part. I will hedge some bets for the Powerhouses.

I suggest:
Columbia OR Cornell
Duke
Harvard OR Stanford
Sinai
U MI
U VA
BU
Case
Mayo
Pitt
Hofstra