WAMC/School List 3.84/513 Am a sadge cookie cutter applicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CauliflowerScreams

Reaction score
XX

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Some of the schools on your list are unrealistic with a MCAT of 513. Rush expects many hundreds or thousands of clinical and non clinical experience from their applicants and St. Louis and Loyola also expect a high number of clinical and non clinical hours.
I suggest these schools with your stats:
Colorado
TCU
Creighton
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Western Michigan
Oakland Beaumont
NOVA MD
Wake Forest
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
George Washington
Penn State
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Pittsburgh
Hackensack
New York Medical College
Einstein
Albany
Rochester
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Tufts

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! Would you suggest that maybe I take a gap year then? I would realistically try to improve my mcat and also gain more hours.
What have you done to prepare for the MCAT? How many hours? Which resources? Had you taken all prerequisites including Biochem before taking it?

What else do you have in mind for a gap year apart from the summer health aide job?

UWorld was extremely helpful as well as the 300 page outline of soc/psych Khan Academy videos. Working every official MCAT resource and knowing everything in them including the whys of every wrong choice helps.

If you haven’t done all of that, there’s room for improvement on your score.

Biochem is heavily tested on the MCAT as you know as is your general ability to wade through dense scientific papers.

There are threads in the premed forum that discuss the challenges of studying for the MCAT, getting clinical hours and interviewing while living in a foreign country.

A Fulbright would boost your application at the prestige schools esp if you are within their statistical parameters. There are threads discussing this too in the premed forum.

Many of the prestige schools like candidates who’ve done a lot of research. It doesn’t have to be wet lab. It could be public health oriented. Others like Georgetown & Rush expect thousands of hours of nonclinical volunteering. Still others are straight stats hounds.

Hi! Would you suggest that maybe I take a gap year then? I would realistically try to improve my mcat and also gain more hours.
You do not need to retake a MCAT of 513. You do not need a gap year but should accumulate more clinical and non clinical hours in the coming year in case you reapply.