DO WAMC/School List 3.91/513 Lateish applicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Neur-out-of-my-mind

Reaction score
Hello, I already applied to 25 MD schools when AMCAS opening in June. I've gotten 3 interviews, but two have resulted in waitlists. I am feeling very discouraged so I wanted to add just a few more DO schools to maximize my chances of becoming a physician. Here are my stats:

3.91/513
800 Clinical Hours
300 Food bank volunteering hours
800 research hours
75 hours with vulnerable population (those with chronic illness)
100+ shadowing in neuro/path/primarycare

Currently I have sent DO apps to:
PCOM
AT Still Kirksville
Arizona COM
Des Moines
Kansas City Uni

Any more I should add? Looking for schools that will take me but also are known and reputable

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You deleted your previous profile, but more importantly, where did you interview?

Did you just pick up the 200+ food bank hours? I don't recall this given my response to your earlier post. I also would not panic with your waitlists. Anything can happen by March, though it is smart to consider some DO schools.

You deleted your previous profile, but more importantly, where did you interview?

Did you just pick up the 200+ food bank hours? I don't recall this given my response to your earlier post. I also would not panic with your waitlists. Anything can happen by March, though it is smart to consider some DO schools.
I volunteered at my local foodbank almost every weekday in 3-4 hour shifts. Then I stopped for the summer and have picked it back up for this semester! Sorry I deleted the previous post bc a few of my friends told me it might dox me.

I interviewed with Jefferson (I'm a dimer applicant), Wake Forest, and Temple

WL'd at Jeff and WF, still waiting to hear from temple, but I wanna hedge my bets as this app cycle has been expensive and time consuming.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I volunteered at my local foodbank almost every weekday in 3-4 hour shifts. Then I stopped for the summer and have picked it back up for this semester! Sorry I deleted the previous post bc a few of my friends told me it might dox me.

I interviewed with Jefferson (I'm a dimer applicant), Wake Forest, and Temple

WL'd at Jeff and WF, still waiting to hear from temple, but I wanna hedge my bets as this app cycle has been expensive and time consuming.
Great! Did you update your hours with Jeff, WF, and Temple when you interviewed (or afterwards)? It might not move the needle too much, but you never know. I will reiterate, don't get too distraught if you landed on a waitlist. It's not "over" until we get to CYMS in the spring.

Great! Did you update your hours with Jeff, WF, and Temple when you interviewed (or afterwards)? It might not move the needle too much, but you never know. I will reiterate, don't get too distraught if you landed on a waitlist. It's not "over" until we get to CYMS in the spring.
I updated Jeff and WF, and plan to keep them updated until its "over." Should I update temple before they release decisions? I know they release decisions in clumps but don't want to pester the adcom.

For MD schools you could add Belmont which will be accepting applications in November. For DO schools you could add any of these"
CUSOM
NYITCOM
Touro-NY
MU-COM

Should I update temple before they release decisions? I know they release decisions in clumps but don't want to pester the adcom.
Unless told otherwise, it probably won't hurt you to let Temple know. You're not pestering an adcom unless you send more than 7 emails in a work day.