WAMC/school list 3.86/508

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StrawberryHiChew

Reaction score
Hello SDN! I am looking to apply to both MD and DO schools.

1. cGPA: 3.8 sGPA: 3.8
  2. MCAT: 508 (126/127/137/128)
  3. State of residence: CA
  4. Asian male
  5. University of Illinois
  6. Clinical Experience: 1000 hours as a medical Assistant in an internal medicine clinic , 600 hours working as a personal assistant for students living with disabilities
  7. Research Experience: 3 semesters of food science research
  8. Shadowing: 22 hours of online shadowing various specialties, 16 hours of an internal medicine/nephrologist
  9. Non-clinical volunteering: 150 hours of online tutoring, 100 hours of food panty volunteering
  10. 200 hours of church small group leading
  11. Received a C+ the first time I took Biochem and got an A after retaking the following year.

Members don't see this ad.

I suggest these schools with your stats:
UC Davis
UC Irvine
UC Riverside (if you are from that region)
Kaiser
California University
U Illinois
Rush
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
St. Louis
Creighton
TCU-UNT
Tulane
NOVA MD
Wake Forest
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
George Washington
Georgetown
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
Hackensack
New York Medical College
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac

Reactions: 1 user
I suggest these schools with your stats:
UC Davis
UC Irvine
UC Riverside (if you are from that region)
Kaiser
California University
U Illinois
Rush
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
St. Louis
Creighton
TCU-UNT
Tulane
NOVA MD
Wake Forest
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
George Washington
Georgetown
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
Hackensack
New York Medical College
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Hello thank you so much for the response. I was wondering if there were any DO schools I should be applying to on top of all of these MD schools. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello thank you so much for the response. I was wondering if there were any DO schools I should be applying to on top of all of these MD schools. Thanks!
For D.O., I would recommend these 10:
-Touro CA
-WesternU Pomona
-Midwestern Arizona
-Touro Nevada
-KCU
-Chicago COM
-PCOM
-Des Moines
-ATSU in Kirksville
-ATSU in Arizona

Also for the M.D. list, 508 MCAT is way too low for Kaiser and you won't fit their mission (their mean is 516, median is 515, and they want underrepresented students), so I would save your money and not apply there. Look for another school to apply to if you want to switch it out (D.O. schools such as LECOM or NYIT).

Avoid these 7 schools (for reasons that you can search up easily): California Northstate, Noorda, Rocky Vista, Burrell, Idaho COM, CHSU-Fresno, Liberty University

Reactions: 1 user
For D.O., I would recommend these 10:
-Touro CA
-WesternU Pomona
-Midwestern Arizona
-Touro Nevada
-KCU
-Chicago COM
-PCOM
-Des Moines
-ATSU in Kirksville
-ATSU in Arizona

Also for the M.D. list, 508 MCAT is way too low for Kaiser and you won't fit their mission (their mean is 516, median is 515, and they want underrepresented students), so I would save your money and not apply there. Look for another school to apply to if you want to switch it out (D.O. schools such as LECOM or NYIT).

Avoid these 7 schools (for reasons that you can search up easily): California Northstate, Noorda, Rocky Vista, Burrell, Idaho COM, CHSU-Fresno, Liberty University
I appreciate your help. Thank you so much!