WAMC: School List Advice Please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

timetocry

Reaction score
How to format your WAMC thread:

Suggested information to include when creating a WAMC thread are as follows:

Date of submission: TMDSAS and AADSAS submitted late July (AADSAS application already verified and with some schools)
Overall GPA: 3.78
Science GPA: 3.75
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.65
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 20 AA ( 20's across the board, 22 RC) ,16 PAT ( pls I know very yuck but was not confident I could retake in a month and replicate other scores)
State of Residence: Texas

Undergrad Attended: Public University
Major: Biochem
Minor: Sociology
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: 130 general and OMFS
Volunteering Experience: two major philanthropies for all years I was in college; both serving some sort of health care cause (400+) , hospital volunteer (300)
Employment: RDA (full-time), started working when I graduated in December
Research: Brain injury research; was more screening hospital records so nothing published
Other Extracurriculars: Pre-health honor society
Relevant Honors or Awards: GPA honors (nothing else really)
LOR type and strength: 2 science and 1 dentist;Dentist one is strong since they are my boss, sciences are good
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags:I didn't take A&P tho so def cuts school list down (my fault, I switched over to dental a little late). PAT is obviously concerning but like I said; no way in a month and working full time I was going to replicate other scores.

School list:
Please include a list of schools you are interested in applying to! It is much easier for users to help you when you have taken the time to construct your own school list first!

UTSA
Tech
UT Health Houston
Case Western
LECOM
Rutgers
Colorado
Western
BU
Temple
Pacific Dugoni
Touro
Univ of Michigan
Buffalo
Oregon
Tufts

Thank you so much for reading through this!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
How to format your WAMC thread:

Suggested information to include when creating a WAMC thread are as follows:

Date of submission: TMDSAS and AADSAS submitted late July (AADSAS application already verified and with some schools)
Overall GPA: 3.78
Science GPA: 3.75
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.65
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 20 AA ( 20's across the board, 22 RC) ,16 PAT ( pls I know very yuck but was not confident I could retake in a month and replicate other scores)
State of Residence: Texas

Undergrad Attended: Public University
Major: Biochem
Minor: Sociology
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: 130 general and OMFS
Volunteering Experience: two major philanthropies for all years I was in college; both serving some sort of health care cause (400+) , hospital volunteer (300)
Employment: RDA (full-time), started working when I graduated in December
Research: Brain injury research; was more screening hospital records so nothing published
Other Extracurriculars: Pre-health honor society
Relevant Honors or Awards: GPA honors (nothing else really)
LOR type and strength: 2 science and 1 dentist;Dentist one is strong since they are my boss, sciences are good
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere/Red Flags:I didn't take A&P tho so def cuts school list down (my fault, I switched over to dental a little late). PAT is obviously concerning but like I said; no way in a month and working full time I was going to replicate other scores.

School list:
Please include a list of schools you are interested in applying to! It is much easier for users to help you when you have taken the time to construct your own school list first!

UTSA
Tech
UT Health Houston
Case Western
LECOM
Rutgers
Colorado
Western
BU
Temple
Pacific Dugoni
Touro
Univ of Michigan
Buffalo
Oregon
CWRU

Thank you so much for reading through this!
you list is large and broad, although you have case western listed twice
only huge reaches are UOP and UMich
oregon and lecom are not close geographically, as are the NY/NJ/mass schools
how come only 3 of the 4 texas schools?

you list is large and broad, although you have case western listed twice
only huge reaches are UOP and UMich
oregon and lecom are not close geographically, as are the NY/NJ/mass schools
how come only 3 of the 4 texas schools?
you are absolutely right, I have CWRU twice, I'll fix that oops. 3/4 texas because I didn't do anatomy. Tried to pick schools that were more OOS friendly and didn't have A&P pre-req.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
you are absolutely right, I have CWRU twice, I'll fix that oops. 3/4 texas because I didn't do anatomy. Tried to pick schools that were more OOS friendly and didn't have A&P pre-req.
ohsu has an A&P prereq...

ohsu has an A&P prereq...
I don't mean to be condescending at all but I just checked Oregon's requirements and they don't seem to require A&P, only biochem. I know they're like medium OOS friendly so thought I'd apply. @macsak thank you for being so responsive !

I don't mean to be condescending at all but I just checked Oregon's requirements and they don't seem to require A&P, only biochem. I know they're like medium OOS friendly so thought I'd apply. @macsak thank you for being so responsive !
oh, i guess i was wrong
sorry

Highly Recommended Courses​

Completion of additional upper division (300-400 level) courses at a 4-year college or university is highly recommended. Such courses will prepare you for graduate-level coursework and are favorable for a strong application. Completion of 3 or 4 upper division level courses is the recommended minimum to demonstrate readiness for the rigors of the dental school curriculum.
Anatomy - Human, Vertebrate or Mammalian
Physiology
Cell/Molecular Biology
Microbiology
Genetics
Neuroanatomy
Histology
Pathology
One year
One year
One course
One course
One course
One course
One course
One course

oh, i guess i was wrong
sorry

Highly Recommended Courses​

Completion of additional upper division (300-400 level) courses at a 4-year college or university is highly recommended. Such courses will prepare you for graduate-level coursework and are favorable for a strong application. Completion of 3 or 4 upper division level courses is the recommended minimum to demonstrate readiness for the rigors of the dental school curriculum.
Anatomy - Human, Vertebrate or Mammalian
Physiology
Cell/Molecular Biology
Microbiology
Genetics
Neuroanatomy
Histology
Pathology
One year
One year
One course
One course