WAMC/School list cGPA 3.57 sGPA 3.6, MCAT 508

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FriendlyStranger

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
  1. AMCAS 3.57 cGPA, 3.55sGPA, AACOMAS, 3.57 cGPA 3.6sGPA) STRONG UPWARD TREND (mostly A's Junior and Senior year, also got A's in classes I took during my current gap year)
  2. MCAT: 508(127,127,127, 127)
  3. Illinois, USA
  4. ORM
  5. T10 Undergrad
  6. Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer)
    1. 950 hours volunteering at local hospital (Primarily spent with the ER and ambulatory surgical unit)
    2. 200 hours volunteer at hospice center assisting both long-term and short-term patients.
  7. Research experience and productivity
    • 3000+ hours in biomedical research lab (1 non-first author pub in Nature Comm, 2 manuscripts under revision)
      • I also wrote an honors senior thesis on my research and presented many times and my group's research symposium (its a big group lol)
  8. Shadowing experience and specialties represented
    • 200 hours
  9. Non-clinical volunteering
    • 250+ hours at my local homeless shelter
    • 50+ hours as volunteer mentor for inner city high schoolers applying to college and who are interested in pre-medicine. Offered by nearby med school
  10. Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc)
    • Social and Outreach chair for my school's student group for two years
    • Competed with my school's rowing team for two years
    • Served on social committee for res college during for two years
    • Intramural basketball for two years
  11. Relevant honors or awards
    • Deans list for many quarters
    • Departmental honors in biology for maintaining 3.5 major GPA and writing honors thesis
    • Obtained 4500$ fellowship grant for research during one of my summers
  12. Anything else not listed you think might be important
    • Currently taking a gap year where I've been taking some additional classes, do some more research, getting more volunteer experiences
    • I am genuinely interested in rural, primary care (I have some family from rural south and want to increase access to healthcare in those areas)
    • I am highly interested in DO, but I'd like to shoot my shot at MD schools. I have a DO rec letter.
Let me know if you'd like any more info :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I suggest:

Rosalind Franklin
UIC
Loyola
SIU (specifically want people south of I-80/rural IL though)
Rush
Creighton
Drexel
Temple
Hackensack
Oakland
Wayne State
Vermont
Penn State
NYMC
Albany
Quinnipiac
MCW
Tulane
Wake
Nova MD

For DO:
CCOM
KCU
PCOM
KCOM (Kirksville)
DMU
Marian
WVSOM (for your rural interest)
Campbell

I suggest:

Rosalind Franklin
UIC
Loyola
SIU (specifically want people south of I-80/rural IL though)
Rush
Creighton
Drexel
Temple
Hackensack
Oakland
Wayne State
Vermont
Penn State
NYMC
Albany
Quinnipiac
MCW
Tulane
Wake
Nova MD

For DO:
CCOM
KCU
PCOM
KCOM (Kirksville)
DMU
Marian
WVSOM (for your rural interest)
Campbell
Darn, I'm from up-state. Do you think it would still be worth applying to SIU?

Members don't see this ad :)
How are your Casper or PREview scores? As an Illinois applicant, applying to all your in-state programs would require you to take both.
Funny that you mention that! I am actually registering for both right now. Do you think it would be an issue to take the PREview June 1st, and Casper ~June 14th? Would there be a delay for receiving secondaries?

Funny that you mention that! I am actually registering for both right now. Do you think it would be an issue to take the PREview June 1st, and Casper ~June 14th? Would there be a delay for receiving secondaries?
Scheduling your SJT's shouldn't affect timing of receiving secondaries. However, the official scores should be posted to the schools to be considered for an II (unless the school says otherwise).

Scheduling your SJT's shouldn't affect timing of receiving secondaries. However, the official scores should be posted to the schools to be considered for an II (unless the school says otherwise).
Oh I see. It looks like SIU is the only Illinois school requiring PREview . Besides Oakland, none of the schools seem to even recommend it. In that case, would it look worse to only take Casper? Thank you so much for your help!

Reactions: 1 user
Oh I see. It looks like SIU is the only Illinois school requiring PREview . Besides Oakland, none of the schools seem to even recommend it. In that case, would it look worse to only take Casper? Thank you so much for your help!
If you don’t need PREview, there’s no reason to take it. This can be another reason you take off SIU then since it did not seem like you could show you fit their mission well.

Reactions: 1 users