MD WAMC/School List cGPA 3.79 / sGPA 3.68 / 519 MCAT / ORM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

caro99

Reaction score
I think my list is maybe too top heavy, looking for some more mid-levels/which schools I should cut out. Aiming for 15-20 schools.

cGPA: 3.79, sGPA: 3.68

MCAT: 519 (128/131/130/130)

FL resident w/ strong VA ties (born and raised in VA until college, family still lives in VA, was a VA resident until 2 months ago)

ORM (white)

Undergrad: University of Florida, degree in Applied Physiology and Kinesiology

Clinical Experience:
  • Current job as Medical Assistant, 80 current hours + 2500 anticipated
  • 100 hours of clinical volunteering
Research Experience: 560 hours as an undergraduate research assistant (full-time internship working with stroke patients at a Veterans Affairs hospital)

Shadowing: 40 hours of virtual shadowing

Non-clinical volunteering: 300 hours over 7 years with an organization working with children with neurodevelopmental disabilities

Other activities
  • 3 years of Dance Marathon, holding a leadership position for 2 years
  • Thousands of hours of various work experience (bartender, nanny, daycare, retail, front desk @ med office) with 2500 anticipated
Awards: President's Honor Roll & Magna Cum Laude

Potential School List:
  • Emory
  • U of Florida
  • U of Virginia
  • USF Morsani
  • Virginia Tech
  • VCU
  • U of Michigan
  • UPenn (reach school, dad is law school alumni)
  • Georgetown
  • Dartmouth
  • Wake Forest
  • UCLA
  • UCSD/UCSF (debating adding a 2nd cali school, can't quite decide which one)
  • Pritzker or Northwestern
  • U of Pittsburgh
  • U of Minnesota (Aunt works at UM and I have debatably strong ties to the state)
  • U of Arizona (either one)
  • George Washington (Mom is alumni w masters degree, said she doesn't really recommend it though)
  • Boston University
  • Brown
  • Hofstra
  • Colorado
  • Tufts

Members don't see this ad.

UCSD and the Arizona schools admit few non residents with no connection to the state and the same is true for Minnesota ( a family member working there is not a connection for medical school admissions). Georgetown is looking for applicants with many more hours of clinical expousre than you have. You could add these schools:
Miami
Florida Atlantic
Florida International
Central Florida
Florida State
Eastern Virginia
Einstein
Mount Sinai
Rochester
Jefferson
Cincinnati
Western Michigan