MD School list help - 516 MCAT, 3.69 cGPA, 3.61 sGPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tryingmybestlol

Reaction score
I'm trying to build my school list, and would like some recommendations/feedback! I went to a liberal arts college and majored in Biochemistry, Biophysics, and Molecular Biology. I ended up with a 3.69 cGPA and 3.61 sGPA with a good upward trend. I got a 516 on my MCAT and got a 126 in CP, 128 CARS, 131 Bio/Biochem, and 131 Psych/Soc. I have residency in Montana so I qualify for the WWAMI program.

Brief summary of experiences:
- Collegiate soccer for 4 years
- President of club that volunteered at a non-profit clinic in the community and volunteered there for 4 years
- Internship at same non-profit clinic as above for 1 semester
- Around 2000 hours scribing in internal med, family med, and peds
- Chief scribe for 4 months
- Currently a medical assistant at a FQHC
- Around 150 shadowing hours outside of scribing
- First author publication of case report - from internship in cardiology clinical research
- Co-author of 4 case reports accepted into a conference - from internship in cardiology clinical research

Appreciate any responses and feedback, thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Was the non-profit clinic a free clinic? Any non-clinical volunteering in the community?
Yes, it was a free clinic! As for non-clinical volunteering, I have about 15 hours doing science education events at local elementary schools, but I know that part of my application is a bit lacking. I recently moved so I'm planning on trying to set something up to get more hours.

Reactions: 1 user
Free clinic and having experience at a FQHC definitely expose you to a different patient population.

I suggest:

UW
Utah
Colorado
OHSU
Boston
Tufts
Dartmouth
Miami
USF
Wake
Duke