MD & DO WAMC/School List help 3.88 519 ORM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skyline3204

Reaction score
  1. GPA: 3.88, sGPA about the same
  2. MCAT: 519, (128/132/129/130)
  3. State: Colorado, strong ties in Alabama, weaker ties in New Mexico and Ohio
  4. Ethnicity: White
  5. Private Jesuit undergrad, just finished third year of biology major
  6. Clinical experience: 100 hours lead ED volunteer since February, currently doing 16 hours per week
  7. Research experience: 5 hrs/week guided research with a biology professor since January, 80 hrs total so far
  8. Shadowing: 72 hrs emergency medicine, 29 hours general surgery, starting 2 hrs/week emergency medicine in June until August
  9. Non-clinical volunteering: 100 hours Crisis Text Line since January, currently doing 12 hrs/week
  10. Other extracurricular activities: Small leadership position at my university two years ago (programming board), worked full time as a maid and later as a barista since 2021
  11. Relevant honors or awards: None in particular to speak of besides Dean's list every semester
  12. Anything else not listed you think might be important: Moved two grades ahead while very young, graduated high school at age 16, moved out at age 17 to avoid questionable family circumstances, have been effectively homeless since (drifting around friends' houses all across the U.S. between staying in the dorms, sleeping in car, etc)
Thank you in advance! I acknowledge the recency of my activities look like box-checking, that may be the weakest link in my application. I have no reservations against lower-tier schools or DOs, but have concerns about yield protection stuff. My "dream school" so to speak is VCOM in Auburn, Alabama because of my ties to the area.

Members don't see this ad.

I suggest these schools with your stats:
Colorado
Loma Linda (if you fit their mission)
TCU-UNT
Miami
USF Morsani
NOVA MD
Duke
Vanderbilt
U Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Pittsburgh
Hackensack
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
New York Medical College
Rochester
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Tufts
Cincinnati
Ohio State
Case Western
U Michigan
Western Michigan
Medical College Wisconsin
Washington University (in St. Louis)
Kaiser
You are competitive for any DO school

I suggest these schools with your stats:
Colorado
Loma Linda (if you fit their mission)
TCU-UNT
Miami
USF Morsani
NOVA MD
Duke
Vanderbilt
U Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Pittsburgh
Hackensack
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
New York Medical College
Rochester
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Tufts
Cincinnati
Ohio State
Case Western
U Michigan
Western Michigan
Medical College Wisconsin
Washington University (in St. Louis)
Kaiser
You are competitive for any DO school
Thank you!

However, I'm pretty inexperienced with school lists, so I have to ask if you're sure? Many of these look like they're top 20 or even higher. I feel like the strongest part of my application is my stats, but I'm not a D1 athlete and I didn't cure cancer or anything. Are some of these meant to be stretches?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you!

However, I'm pretty inexperienced with school lists, so I have to ask if you're sure? Many of these look like they're top 20 or even higher. I feel like the strongest part of my application is my stats, but I'm not a D1 athlete and I didn't cure cancer or anything. Are some of these meant to be stretches?
Faha's the A-List List maker!