WAMC + School List Help (3.9/512)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mhermann

Reaction score
Hi everyone. This is my first time applying to MD programs and am looking for help creating my school list. Right now, I'm a little overwhelmed with finalizing my list. I have a solid list of schools I want to go to/am competitive for, and am looking to apply to 20-25 total. Having trouble filling in the last 10 or so. I just don't know enough about the schools out there and which ones I would be competitive for. If you see any on my current list I shouldn't be applying to, please let me know! Also looking for suggestions on where else to apply. Thanks!

Here is some of my info:
  • State: WI (state school for undergrad)
  • URM: No (white, male, 24 y/o)
  • cGPA: 3.9
  • sGPA: 3.85
  • MCAT: 512
  • Clinical Experience: 2500+ hours inpatient nursing assistant, med-surg unit
  • Research Experience: ~300 hours doing research at my university
  • Non-Clinical: 1000 hours at my current job, a molecular diagnostics company. I work full time and plan to have 2000+ more hours by matriculation. Also have hundreds of summer work hours as a crew leader at a local moving company
  • Leadership: collegiate rugby. ~1500 hours over 4 years. served as club president and various other roles.
  • Volunteer: 3 summers as counselor for kid's whose parents have cancer, local youth rugby coach, service trip to Nicaragua
  • Shadowing: 12 hours shadowing internist (fairly weak but I worked with/around doctors every day at the hospital)
  • Letters: 2 science profs, 1 non-science prof, 1 doc, 1 nurse manager (1 sci prof and my nurse manager will be extremely strong. others will be good)
  • Schools: these are schools I'm fairly set on applying to (unless someone would advise me otherwise)
    • University of Wisconsin
    • Medical College of Wisconsin
    • U of Iowa
    • U of Minnesota
    • U of Colorado
    • Indiana University
    • Ohio State
    • University of Cinci
    • Creighton
    • Brown
    • Dartmouth
    • Loyola
    • Rush
    • Rosiland Franklin
    • University of Rochester
    • Wake Forest
    • Stanford
    • Georgetown

• Suggestions??

Members don't see this ad.

You have a good application. Add 5-10 more schools.

You should look into:
SLU
Western Michigan
Oakland
Albany
NYMC
Vermont
Temple
Drexel
Tulane
USF

Reactions: 1 users