WAMC/School List Help, GPA: 3.96, MCAT: 509

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

piper728

Reaction score
  1. cGPA: 3.96
  1. Sgpa: 3.9x
  1. MCAT score(s) and breakdown: 509 (126/130/124/129), I know its unbalanced, but my FL average was 503 so I had big jumps in CARS and P/S so I would not retake
  1. State of residence or country of citizenship (if non-US): FL resident
  1. Ethnicity and/or race: ORM
  1. Undergraduate institution or category: public university in FL
  1. Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer): will have around 800 hours paid clinical hours upon application at two different jobs
  1. Research experience and productivity: around 750 hours, work under PI developing my own project/paper, will not be published for awhile though
  1. Shadowing experience and specialties represented: 50 oral surgery, trying to get more but ya know
  1. Non-clinical volunteering: 250 spread pretty evenly across 4 things
  1. Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc): was a TA for two semesters, worked throughout college in non-clinical settings. A few personal hobbies that I am also going to include.
  1. Anything else not listed you think might be important
I am graduating Summer 2021 and applying in this upcoming cycle, I don’t have much gap year activities planned besides staying in my research and paid clinical job. My sister is graduating with her BSN from loyola and lives in Chicago so want to apply to any schools there I have a shot at, all my extended family lives in KY and u of KY is my dad's alma mater so strong ties there as well. Any recommendations on how to narrow this list down as I am aiming to apply to about 10 DO schools. I know I have a lot but I really don’t have any geographic preference, just wanna be a doc 😊. I appreciate any help!!

Loyola
Rush
Rosalind
U of I COM
FSU
UCF
USF
FIU
UF
Nova
FAU
Umiami
U of Kentucky
U of Louisville
TCU
Tulane
Albany
Penn State
Drexel
Temple
Michigan State
U of South Carolina
LSU Shrevport
U vermont
Georgetown
George Wash U
Wake Forest
U Colorado
Beaumont
Wisconsin
Cooper
Hackensack
New York Med College
EVMS
U of Utah

Members don't see this ad.

Kentucky, Louisville, Utah, Cooper, LSU, South Carolina, Michigan State accept few non residents with your MCAT and no connection to the state. You should receive several interviews from the other schools on your list.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you!! I do have ties to Kentucky but I will take the other ones off my list!