WAMC school list help! ORM switching from MD-PhD to MD | 3.70, 515

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

velociraptor193

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
ORM, Male, OH, disadvantaged, 3 gap years

cGPA: 3.70 (3.0>3.5>4.0>4.0)

sGPA: 3.64

MCAT: 515 (130/127/129/129)

T30 Liberal Arts Undergrad

Clinical: 750 hours (paid and unpaid) // 2000 hours projected for full-time position

Research: 6000 hours total across 3 labs with similar focus // 1000 hours projected for part-time position // 6 first-author abstracts and 1 first-author publication in low-mid tier journal

Shadowing: 100 hours across 3 specialties

Other ECs:

• Tutoring: 250 hours
  • Mentoring: 200 hours
  • Community service with immigrant communities: 500 hours

Awards: magna cum laude, full-ride undergrad scholarship, approximately $6000 in funding for independent undergraduate research

School List:

After switching my interest from MD-PhD to MD, I’m really struggling to find a school that fits my research-heavy application yet poorer stats. I would like help adding more schools, ideally in the midwest/east coast region.
  1. CWRU
  2. OSU
  3. Cincinnati
  4. NEOMED
  5. Toledo
  6. Wright
  7. Pitt
  8. Emory
  9. Dartmouth
  10. Rochester
  11. Einstein
  12. Hofstra
  13. Drexel
  14. Rosalind Franklin
  15. New York Medical College
  16. Yale
  17. Mayo
  18. George Washington

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Community service with immigrant communities
Provide details please. How does this activity show your comfort level with being uncomfortable?

NEOMED is dedicated to serving rural and underserved populations. Not sure you have enough to show this. Definitely not as research oriented so not sure on fit.

Provide details please. How does this activity show your comfort level with being uncomfortable?

NEOMED is dedicated to serving rural and underserved populations. Not sure you have enough to show this. Definitely not as research oriented so not sure on fit.
My application is quite focused on psychiatry and immigrant communities. Most of my shadowing was working with a psychiatrist treating refugees and immigrants. This experience motivated me to create a campaign in my own cultural community, working with immigrant families to educate them about psychiatric illnesses and learning disabilities. This carried onto my clinical experiences, mentoring and tutoring work, which served a similar, albeit more diverse, immigrant demographic.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You could add these schools to your application:
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Medical College Wisconsin
Loyola
St. Louis
Creighton
TCU
Wake Forest
Virginia Commonwealth