WAMC/ School List Help - Reapplicant MCAT 518 GPA 3.96

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sad_nontrad

Reaction score

1. cGPA / sGPA: 3.96 / 4.0
  2. MCAT score(s) and breakdown: 518 (130/126/132/130)
  3. State of residence or country of citizenship (if non-US): CA, with ties to NJ (undergrad)
  4. Ethnicity and/or race: Asian
  5. Undergraduate institution or category: Public state school
  6. Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer): 900 hours of EMT (300 in the first app), will have ~300 hours ER tech by the time of app
  7. Research experience and productivity: none :( currently applying to research positions
  8. Shadowing experience and specialties represented: 175 hours in various specialties (one doc essentially let me function as an MA so that led to more hours, but it was never an official position)
  9. Non-clinical volunteering: 320 hours of volunteering across 3 projects focused on food insecurity and homelessness, 300 hours volunteering at a soup kitchen and working on a project with the org, 55 hours of preparing and serving free meals at a local org (new to app)
  10. Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc): 7000+ hours at finance job, 180 hours founder/leadership role in an alumni group that focuses on mentorship, 250 hours hospital admin internship, 600 hours in hospital registration, 700 hours working on a start-up that focused on preventing sexual violence, 1200 hours leadership at student-org that planned events on campus (community service, concerts, etc)
  11. Relevant honors or awards: community service award in undergrad, award for being in the top 2% percent of the student body in undergrad, graduated summa cum laude
  12. Anything else not listed you think might be important: In my first cycle (2023), I applied to 34 schools based on my stats without filtering out research-heavy or stat-focused schools. I also submitted my secondaries kind of late, mostly end of July through mid-September. Additionally, at the time of my application I did not have all my prerequisites done, I heard they just have to be done by matriculation but I wonder if this hurt my app. I received 3 II's (1 T20 -> WL, 1 T30 ->WL, and 1 T75 ->pending decision). As a non-trad without proper guidance and with the cadence of my interview invites, I didn't expect to reapply, so my only new activities thus far are from continuing to EMT and volunteering. My MCAT was from 4/2021 and therefore I am planning to reapply for 2024, not sure if I would retake the MCAT to reapply for a third time. Please roast my application and school list, currently struggling to even prepare for this reapplication.

Medical School List:
  • In State: UCLA, USC, UCSD, UCI, CUSM
  • Out of state: Columbia, Mayo, Cornell, Dartmouth, Brown, Colorado, Hofstra, Miami (Miller), USF, UCF, FAU, VCU, Vermont, Tufts, BU, Ohio State, Stony Brook, Quinnipiac, NYMC
  • DO: Western U, Touro

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
mayo, usc, hofstra. Already sent LoIntent to mayo pre-WL
With 3 interviews, you could receive an acceptance. Most of the waitlist movement occurs in April and May. If you need to reapply in June I suggest these schools:
USC Keck
UCSF
UCLA
UCSD
UC Irvine
UC Davis
Kaiser
California University
Arizona-Phoenix
Mayo
TCU
Creighton