Major: Biology
    Minority? No
    Reapplicant? No
    Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience:
    • 100 hours - general dentist
    Volunteering Experience:
    • 20 hours at food bank
    • 80+ hours community volunteering (religious-affiliated organization)
    Employment: 25 hrs/week as a self-employed reseller
    Research: None :(
    Relevant Honors or Awards:
    • Merit Scholarship w/ my university
    • Dean's List x6 semesters
    LOR type and strength: Committee Letter - strong recommendation

Schools List:
    • Rutgers
    • Temple
    • LECOM
    • BU GSDM
    • Tufts
    • NYU
    • Creighton
    • Touro
    • Stony Brook
    • U of Maryland
    • WVU
    • VCU

Here's where I was currently thinking of applying - are there any notable additions/subtractions I should make from this list?

abba124

Jan 17, 2020
      On a separate note, I’m sort of worried about my extracurriculars. Even though most of my volunteering was secular, it was done through a religious organization and am how this will look to admissions committees. I have a similar situation with my work experience, I'm concerned that all my hours are self-reported and might seem fishy to admissions as well. Does anyone have thoughts/advice on this?

macsak

2+ Year Member
      Aug 16, 2018
        On a separate note, I’m sort of worried about my extracurriculars. Even though most of my volunteering was secular, it was done through a religious organization and am how this will look to admissions committees. I have a similar situation with my work experience, I'm concerned that all my hours are self-reported and might seem fishy to admissions as well. Does anyone have thoughts/advice on this?
        dontworryaboutit

About the Ads

S_Diamond_DDS

5+ Year Member
        Jun 24, 2015
        1. Dentist
          I think you’ll be more than ok for extracurriculars. I’m surprised that you didn’t apply to all of the NY schools. Figured they were oos friendly to NJ residents.

artist2022

UCLA D4 🎉
          Administrator
          Volunteer Staff
          2+ Year Member
          Verified Expert
          Dec 25, 2016
          1. Dental Student
            the only one I'm missing is Columbia and that would be a reach for me, right?
            You're missing Buffalo as well. I don't think either would be a reach based on stats alone... Columbia might be due to the lack of research, and I don't know how OOS friendly Buffalo is....

Reactions: 1 user
            About the Ads
            This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            7. This thread is locked.