WAMC & School List Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abba124

Reaction score
Date of submission: In progress
Overall GPA: 3.81
Science GPA:
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA:
DAT Score: 19 PAT/22 QR/ 24 RC/22 BIO/22 GC/26 OC/23 TS/23 AA
State of Residence:
NJ

Major: Biology
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience:
  • 100 hours - general dentist
Volunteering Experience:
  • 20 hours at food bank
  • 80+ hours community volunteering (religious-affiliated organization)
Employment: 25 hrs/week as a self-employed reseller
Research: None :(
Relevant Honors or Awards:
  • Merit Scholarship w/ my university
  • Dean's List x6 semesters
LOR type and strength: Committee Letter - strong recommendation

Schools List:
  • Rutgers
  • Temple
  • LECOM
  • BU GSDM
  • Tufts
  • NYU
  • Creighton
  • Touro
  • Stony Brook
  • U of Maryland
  • WVU
  • VCU

Here's where I was currently thinking of applying - are there any notable additions/subtractions I should make from this list?

Members don't see this ad.

On a separate note, I’m sort of worried about my extracurriculars. Even though most of my volunteering was secular, it was done through a religious organization and am how this will look to admissions committees. I have a similar situation with my work experience, I'm concerned that all my hours are self-reported and might seem fishy to admissions as well. Does anyone have thoughts/advice on this?

On a separate note, I’m sort of worried about my extracurriculars. Even though most of my volunteering was secular, it was done through a religious organization and am how this will look to admissions committees. I have a similar situation with my work experience, I'm concerned that all my hours are self-reported and might seem fishy to admissions as well. Does anyone have thoughts/advice on this?
dontworryaboutit

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you’ll be more than ok for extracurriculars. I’m surprised that you didn’t apply to all of the NY schools. Figured they were oos friendly to NJ residents.

I think you’ll be more than ok for extracurriculars. I’m surprised that you didn’t apply to all of the NY schools. Figured they were oos friendly to NJ residents.

the only one I'm missing is Columbia and that would be a reach for me, right?

the only one I'm missing is Columbia and that would be a reach for me, right?
You're missing Buffalo as well. I don't think either would be a reach based on stats alone... Columbia might be due to the lack of research, and I don't know how OOS friendly Buffalo is....

Reactions: 1 user