(WAMC/School List) MA, ORM, 4.0 GPA, 521 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cvspopcorn

Reaction score
got what I need, ty :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Great job. For me no perceivable deficits, and it sounds like you have set yourself up well. Your in-person shadowing is sufficient to report, and the virtual shadowing is good for filling you in on other specialties.

Obviously staying in-state or near home would be great. Do you know which schools send their med students or residents to healthcare systems near home? Have you networked with students from the schools near the top of your list yet through AMSA, SNMA, or APAMSA chapters?

Consider adding the following:

USF Morsani
Western Michigan
Iowa
Jefferson
SLU
Miami
Ohio State
Cincinnati
Colorado
USC (Keck)
Brown

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Great job. For me no perceivable deficits, and it sounds like you have set yourself up well. Your in-person shadowing is sufficient to report, and the virtual shadowing is good for filling you in on other specialties.

Obviously staying in-state or near home would be great. Do you know which schools send their med students or residents to healthcare systems near home? Have you networked with students from the schools near the top of your list yet through AMSA, SNMA, or APAMSA chapters?
I have not, but that’s definitely a great suggestion and one I will look into asap. Thank you!

Hi everyone, hope you're doing well! I'd made a similar post a few months ago, but thought to just post again (if that's allowed; if not sorry, feel free to delete!) because my list changed quite a bit + I just want to make sure I'm applying broadly + setting myself up for a good cycle. (I also want to mention really quickly that because of some personal family issues, I'd really like to stay close to home, ~in the northeast, but ultimately I want to have a balanced list that maximizes my chances regardless, so this isn't set in stone!).
I have merged this with your old post for better continuity.

Remove MCW, Minnesota, UConn, Quinnipiac, Portland (I assume you mean OHSU), and Mercer. They either take very few OOS students or would opt to give interview slots to applicants more likely to ultimately matriculate.

You can replace them with Cincinnati, USF, UTSW, Wisconsin (one in Madison favors higher stat applicants), Miami, Einstein, and SLU.