WAMC/School List - Research&Service-Oriented

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

archerstone

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
MCAT 510-515 doesn't help at all. Why are you applying to so many DO schools? Where did your family members get their medical degrees (cardiology)?

Your list doesn't make much sense being an Ohio resident with ties to California (what part of California) and not really having any California schools on the list other than LL. You are an honoree of Arab America, yet you list Loma Linda, Liberty DO, Meharry, and Morehouse. You don't seem to have a lot of links to Appalachia, so I don't get listing Marshall or WVSOM. I can see how the Michigan schools on your list are reasonable, but you also carry in a lot of research experience that I'm not sure how you intend to leverage 4 pubs and 12 posters. Where are Ohio State and Cincinnati? Do you fit NEOMed's mission? Why North Dakota?

Which programs on your list have experiences where you work with refugees? None of your schools are located in NYC except NYIT-COM and I presume Touro-NY. I can presume Loma does?

Also, service-oriented does not include fundraising. A lot of your activities don't fit under the categories placed at first blush, though that's probably because of the lack of detail about your responsibilities at each position.

Have you networked with AMMSA chapter officers? They can definitely help give you a bit more help with your MD list.

Year-by-year GPA's will also help us.

Members don't see this ad :)