WAMC/School list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lagunabeach26

MD Class of 2025
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
4.0 GPA, went to ucf for undergrad. MCAT is pending due to COVID, but have been scoring around 515 on practice. I have plenty of shadowing, good psych research, and good volunteering/leadership. My LOR's are from a physician I shadowed, 2 science professors whose classes I got an A, a non science professor who I connected with, and my research supervisor. I am a white male in FL. Here is my current school list:

• Boston University School of Medicine
  • Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine at Florida Atlantic University
  • Duke University School of Medicine
  • Emory University School of Medicine
  • Florida International University Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine
  • Florida State University College of Medicine
  • Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University
  • New York University Grossman School of Medicine
  • Northwestern University The Feinberg School of Medicine
  • Tulane University School of Medicine
  • University of Central Florida College of Medicine
  • University of Colorado School of Medicine
  • University of Florida College of Medicine
  • University of Louisville School of Medicine
  • University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine
  • University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine
  • University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
  • University of Virginia School of Medicine
  • USF Health Morsani College of Medicine
  • Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
  • Wake Forest School of Medicine of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center

Members don't see this ad.

MCG takes 4% of their class from OOS... as in 10 enrolled out of 230. I wouldn't apply there. Louisville wants students with connections to Kentucky. If you have connections, keep it, if not, I'd drop it. UNC also has a v strong in-state bias. They interviewed less than 2% of OOS applicants in the past cycle ish and around 13% of their class is OOS.

Your list is pretty top-heavy:
Duke, Emory, NYU, Northwestern, Pitt, Vandy

Without an MCAT score, it's honestly impossible to tell you more than that. If you're taking the MCAT soon and submitting amcas, I'd submit to a throwaway until you get your score back and then add other schools.

Reactions: 1 user
MCG takes 4% of their class from OOS... as in 10 enrolled out of 230. I wouldn't apply there. Louisville wants students with connections to Kentucky. If you have connections, keep it, if not, I'd drop it. UNC also has a v strong in-state bias. They interviewed less than 2% of OOS applicants in the past cycle ish and around 13% of their class is OOS.

Your list is pretty top-heavy:
Duke, Emory, NYU, Northwestern, Pitt, Vandy

Without an MCAT score, it's honestly impossible to tell you more than that. If you're taking the MCAT soon and submitting amcas, I'd submit to a throwaway until you get your score back and then add other schools.
Thank you!!!

Reactions: 1 user