WAMC/School List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

QuantumPhoton

Reaction score
  1. cGPA and sGPA as calculated by AMCAS or AACOMAS: 4.0cGPA&sGPA
  2. MCAT score(s) and breakdown: 510 (129/124/129/128)
  3. State of residence or country of citizenship (if non-US): FL
  4. Ethnicity and/or race: Hispanic Male
  5. Undergraduate institution or category: FL school
  6. Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer): ED Tech, currently ~600 hours, probably 1000 by the time of application. 50 hours doing 911 calls with rescue.
  7. Research experience and productivity: 700 hours, 1 publication
  8. Shadowing experience and specialties represented: 53 hours in cardiology (heart disease & electrophysiology), anesthesiology, internal medicine
  9. Non-clinical volunteering: Continuing now, will probably have ~200 hours by the time of application.
  10. Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc): Tutored general chemistry students (this counted for credit though) for 6 semesters, did a bit of fencing (hopefully going to continue now that I have graduated)
  11. Relevant honors or awards: Honors Thesis + Presentation, HSF Scholar
I am looking to apply to all Florida schools. Interested in Geisel. Would I have a chance at these schools? What other schools could I apply to?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Apply to all your Florida MD schools (including NOVA MD)
You could also try these schools:
Wake Forest
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
Hackensack
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Oakland Beaumont
Medical College Wisconsin
Rosalind Franklin
St. Louis
Creighton
TCU
Belmont
Any new schools that open for 2025 (Alice Walton, Methodist, Roseman, American University)
Are you fluent in Spanish ?

Members don't see this ad :)
So what activities are you doing for nonclinical volunteering?
Are you fluent in Spanish?
I am working with mentally disabled children. Yes, I am fluent in Spanish, I work with Hispanic patients at the hospital.

Apply to all your Florida MD schools (including NOVA MD)
You could also try these schools:
Wake Forest
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
Hackensack
Albany
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Oakland Beaumont
Medical College Wisconsin
Rosalind Franklin
St. Louis
Creighton
TCU
Belmont
Any new schools that open for 2025 (Alice Walton, Methodist, Roseman, American University)
Are you fluent in Spanish ?
Yes. Should I still consider applying to Geisel? Or do I have no chance?

Since you are Hispanic and fluent in Spanish you could add more schools such as:
Geisel
Tufts
Boston University
Einstein
Georgetown
Thank you, I appreciate it. Last question since I could not find a straight answer. Why would being fluent in Spanish allow me to apply to these schools?

Thank you, I appreciate it. Last question since I could not find a straight answer. Why would being fluent in Spanish allow me to apply to these schools?
For a few reasons actually. First and foremost is that medical care locations have seen a huge influx of Spanish speaking patients, so being able to communication with patients is a big plus even if you are not of Hispanic heritage. That leads to the fact that there are(maybe were) applicants that have Hispanic surnames but have never had much, if any, relationship with any Hispanic community. They have no ECs with people outside of their comfort zone because they have been raised completly away from that part of their heritage but they try to play the URM card anyway. And not all Hispanic communities are considered URM but if you can speak Spanish fluently, it’s a bonus everytime.
Good luck.

Reactions: 2 users
Other than Dartmouth, they are all in areas with large Spanish speaking populations. Einstein is in the Bronx, which is 60% Hispanic.

Reactions: 1 users
So what activities are you doing for nonclinical volunteering?
Are you fluent in Spanish?
I had to change my nonclinical volunteering since I was not allowed to do much. Now I am volunteering at my city's soup kitchen, and it has allowed me to see some aspects of the life of homeless patients that came to the emergency. Would switching my non-clinical volunteering affect anything?

Reactions: 1 users
Espero que tengas suerte bro

I had to change my nonclinical volunteering since I was not allowed to do much. Now I am volunteering at my city's soup kitchen, and it has allowed me to see some aspects of the life of homeless patients that came to the emergency. Would switching my non-clinical volunteering affect anything?
I don't know if switching does but as long as you're having meaningful interactions with people and populations outside your own comfort zone volunteering at the soup kitchen is a great thing to do.