You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
WAMC: sub 3.0 GPAs, 509 MCAT
Started by flataffect001
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
So you have all these numbers and lines but I can’t figure out what your cGPA is and what your sGPAis.
Did you include every grade you have ever earned in any college course? Even the ones you repeated? Grades are not replaced in AMCAS or AAOCOM. Did you add in your post bacc( I think you did a post bacc but I’m not sure.).
Did you include every grade you have ever earned in any college course? Even the ones you repeated? Grades are not replaced in AMCAS or AAOCOM. Did you add in your post bacc( I think you did a post bacc but I’m not sure.).
Your grades are too low. You have one decent year of grades (senior year) and you need more than that. You could do a one to 2 year post bacc at a local college and take enough undergraduate level science courses in order to raise your sGPA to 3.0 .
Once your cGPA is 3.0, you have a 75% chance for a MD acceptance with your MCAT of 509 according to the GPA-MCAT grid.
Once your cGPA is 3.0, you have a 75% chance for a MD acceptance with your MCAT of 509 according to the GPA-MCAT grid.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
flataffect001
Full Member
Yes, every last grade is included. As for postbacc, I did roughly 20 extra credits that have been rolled into my undergrad as i didn't apply to graduate from school until i completed themSo you have all these numbers and lines but I can’t figure out what your cGPA is and what your sGPAis.
Did you include every grade you have ever earned in any college course? Even the ones you repeated? Grades are not replaced in AMCAS or AAOCOM. Did you add in your post bacc( I think you did a post bacc but I’m not sure.).
So what is your final cGPA and sGPA?Yes, every last grade is included. As for postbacc, I did roughly 20 extra credits that have been rolled into my undergrad as i didn't apply to graduate from school until i completed them
Read my post on guide to reinvention for premeds
flataffect001
Full Member
I'll take a gamble and apply to SMPs offered by schools I'd like to attend. I'm confident I'll do fine, especially if I leave my job.Read my post on guide to reinvention for premeds
Mom always said she'd be there for me during this process; I guess it's about time I let her.
Many thanks to you and all
There are three medical schools affiliated with HBCU's...
- Howard—yes, I am indeed black
flataffect001
Full Member
Yes, but I like how Howard presents their program most.There are three medical schools affiliated with HBCU's...
Casting a net that includes schools that are likely to interview you is recommended.Yes, but I like how Howard presents their program most.
flataffect001
Full Member
This is true, but I've made up my mind; I'd much rather go somewhere that emphasises values in alignment with mine and whose attributes seem to earnestly reflect them than a place I'd dread going. It’s repeatedly noted that schools tend to accept students who embody similar tenets. Apropos of that, I would very much enjoy going to a school where my peers are more or less on the same page, and if I need to show that I can handle the work to do so, then show it, I shall.Casting a net that includes schools that are likely to interview you is recommended.
Yes, master’s programs are high-risk and high reward; I am aware of the warning. Notwithstanding, this wouldn’t be the first time I wasn’t expected to succeed, but did anyway.
I drove to a DO school near my home this past Friday and spoke to the admissions director. She allowed me to tell her my story (which I’m so grateful for); afterwards, she told me I’d be a great applicant if my grades weren’t holding me back, but also that I shouldn’t squander the opportunity to go where my heart desires because of the student I used to be.
So onwards I go.
Last edited:
flataffect001
Full Member
I can't believe it's been a year since this thread started. I wanted to say I got 3 interview invites; 2 led to a WL so far, and one landed me an acceptance. Thanks for all your responses here and elsewhere on this site; they helped a ton.
Tell us how it worked out for you!I can't believe it's been a year since this thread started. I wanted to say I got 3 interview invites; 2 led to a WL so far, and one landed me an acceptance. Thanks for all your responses here and elsewhere on this site; they helped a ton.
Congratulations !!! Where were your interviews and your acceptance ?I can't believe it's been a year since this thread started. I wanted to say I got 3 interview invites; 2 led to a WL so far, and one landed me an acceptance. Thanks for all your responses here and elsewhere on this site; they helped a ton.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 9
- Views
- 716
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 907
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 612