WAMC URM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GearHead23

Reaction score
What are my chances?

uGPA: 3.672 , Major: Neurobiology, Minors: Philosophy, Religious Studies, Psychology, Chemistry, MCAT 506, my CARS was low so I gave my GRE which was 97th and 95th percentile for reading comprehension and writing--respectively, I have 2 years Volunteer EMT, 1 year Emergency room full time physician scribe, 4+ years of research in 5 labs total, constant volunteer work within the community, bilingual (Spanish/English), colombian background, first generation, from CT, parents with GED only, Graduate MA student in BioMedical Ethics and Law at UPitt currently and doing well academically. Lizzy Score is 65.70.

Hoping to see any thoughts on the schools I applied to... (broad net but I would be ecstatic to get in anywhere) -- I have yet to hear back from any of these schools.

Pritzker
NYMC
GW
Stanford
Pitt
UIWTX
Yale
NYIT
Netter
JHU
Utah
UConn
Cooper
Emory
MidWestern
Feinberg
GTown
PCOM
Loyola Stritch
Tulane
Howard
Drexel
RVCOM
NOVA

I've been rejected from Vandy, UW, NSU, and Arizona Tucson... I am currently waitlisted for an interview at WVU. Would anyone recommend I apply to SGU at this point or is it likely I land at least one of these schools for next year's matriculation? Any and all input appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• upload_2018-11-2_14-26-27.png
    upload_2018-11-2_14-26-27.png
    624.3 KB · Views: 82
Ok so your list is not horrible but kinda risky. Your GRE does not matter at all. You should have applied to more HBCUs. I think you will get in somewhere though. Just wait

Reactions: 1 user
Ok so your list is not horrible but kinda risky. Your GRE does not matter at all. You should have applied to more HBCUs. I think you will get in somewhere though. Just wait
@puahate , why do you think my list is kind of risky? I thought Howard was a solid school to apply to, I was unsure how a hispanic applicant would be considered at a HBCU.

@puahate , why do you think my list is kind of risky? I thought Howard was a solid school to apply to, I was unsure how a hispanic applicant would be considered at a HBCU.
You should have applied to ALL hbcus not just howard