MD WAMC/Where to apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

guccidrizzle

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Year: Rising Senior

Major: Ecology Minor: History

Social background: Asian (Indian), non-disadvantaged

State of Residence: Minnesota

Schools to which you are applying: Broad list of 30 or so schools, definitely looking for suggestions! Some so far: Harvard, Columbia, Mayo, Umich, Minnesota, NYU, Pitt, Penn, UVA, UT-Southwestern, UW Madison, BU, Tufts, NW, Dartmouth, Duke, UNC (aiming too high?)

Cumulative GPA: 3.842

Science GPA:3.78

MCAT: 516 (C/P 128, CARS 129, Bio/Biochem 130, P/S 129)

Research: Nearly 900 Hours of Emergency Medicine Clinical Research at Mayo Clinic, 3 publications (Journal of EM), 1st author on one publication, presented to Mayo EM research board about a research project

Shadowing: About 120 hours total shadowing at Mayo Clinic, in EM, anesthesiology, critical care, surgery, ID

Volunteering: Clinical-30 hours or so at salvation army smoking cessation clinic Non-clinical-currently volunteering at a state forest and park doing ecological work and research (hope to build up volunteer hours)

EC's: Worked at Mayo ED for two summers, have played the 5 string banjo for several years, Tutoring in biology/biochemistry,Study group leader for biology, class at Umich Biostation, treasurer/secretary of the Sugar Education Project(aims to educate students about health risks of sugary beverages)

Employment: Tutoring, study group leader (as listed above)

Specialty of interest: EM

Really looking for some idea of where I could possibly apply/what my outlook is! Thanks! I realize my volunteer hour count is pretty low, but I'm hoping to be able to correct that on my secondaries with the work I'm starting now, and I'm also hoping my interest in wildlife and ecology stands out in both my essay as well as my activity statement of my experience at the biological research station this summer.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Consider adding these schools:
Medical College Wisconsin
Rosalind Franklin
St. Louis
Tulane
Vermont
Hofstra
Quinnipiac
NYMC
Drexel