WAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pandoraone

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,

I am wondering what my chances are for Neuro this year. I am from a top 25 school with 8 papers published. Unfortunately, step one did not go well and got a low 220; I got a 250 on step 2. I have excellent LOR from the Neurology program here.

What are my chances at some of the top programs like Stanford, MGH, Penn, Columbia, Cornell, Hopkins or Yale? Anything I can do now to strengthen them?

Thanks!
HT
 
So in summary: From Mayo, 250 on step 2, excellent research and strong letters.

Something tells me you have a shot at all those places, assuming they don't have a step 1 filter of some kind.

Good luck.