WAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hello all

I am applying for the 2019 application cycle and was thinking of adding a few additional schools to my list. My MCAT is a 517 (130/130/127/130), my cGPA is 3.35 and my sGPA is 3.20. My grades mostly dipped during my junior year when I transferred to a different college, and then rose again senior year. Any advice would be much appreciated, and I am interested in both MD and DO schools! I won't list all of my activities but here are a few:

-student researcher (two different labs during undergrad): ~200 hours total
-writing tutor, including leadership role: ~800 hours
-medical scribe; ~1200 hours
-nonclinical volunteering/leadership (community educator); ~320 hours
-research study assistant at a top 5 cancer institution: ~3200 hours

thank you in advance to anyone who takes the time to reply. also I've never posted anything on here before so I hope its not in the wrong format or something 🙂)
Can you let us have a year by year recap of your GPAs? I fear they are lethal for MD schools.