WAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Farsnickle

Reaction score
CA resident. Attended one of the higher tier UC's. Will be applying next cycle.

Numbers:
3.5 cgpa 3.4 sgpa.
520 mcat.

EC's:
- Just finished a year in americorps
- 2 years in a lab. 1 publication (not 1st or 2nd author). 1 poster pres.
- 400 hours clinical/medical volunteering
- nonclinical: if you include americorps, a couple thousand hours.
- board of a premed club for 2 years.

Schools I'm thinking about applying to:
All UC schools.
USC
Boston U
Dartmouth
rosalind franklin
Tulane
Drexel
New york medical college
George Washington
Rush
Tufts
Wash U?
Case Western

DO: All I can think of is Touro.

Is my list good?

Members don't see this ad.

Do you have a rising GPA trend???

Add SLU, Netter, Gtown, GWU, Tulane, Drexel, Albany, Loyola, Western (both), TUNCOM, AZCOM, PacNW, BCOM, DMU, CCOM, NYITCOM

Delete UCR if you're not from the Inland Empire.

Do you have a rising GPA trend???

Add SLU, Netter, Gtown, GWU, Tulane, Drexel, Albany, Loyola, Western (both), TUNCOM, AZCOM, PacNW, BCOM, DMU, CCOM, NYITCOM

Delete UCR if you're not from the Inland Empire.
Yes, I had a 4.0 my 4th year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I had a 4.0 my 4th year.
Usually a single great year isn't enough to be convincing of reinvention, but a 520 MCAT score is nothing to sneeze at.

Suggest looking at MSAR Online and targeting schools whose median GPAs are closest to to yours, especially if you're > their 10th %iles. Pay very careful attention to the IS/OOS ratios.

Yes, Americorps counts for nonclinical ECs. Your ECs are killer. Hence, of the listed schools on this page, I think your chances are very good.

Usually a single great year isn't enough to be convincing of reinvention, but a 520 MCAT score is nothing to sneeze at.

Suggest looking at MSAR Online and targeting schools whose median GPAs are closest to to yours, especially if you're > their 10th %iles. Pay very careful attention to the IS/OOS ratios.

Yes, Americorps counts for nonclinical ECs. Your ECs are killer. Hence, of the listed schools on this page, I think your chances are very good.
Thanks!