WAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sotohay

Reaction score
Deleted.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Try to gain more non-clinical volunteering. It can be more hands-on work with the homeless or more activities at your church that help those less fortunate. Other examples include soup kitchen, Habitat for Humanity etc. That is one major thing you can do to strengthen your application and get more interviews.

Remove the following:
Stanford (low research experience)
CNU (accreditation issues)
UCD/UCR: only apply to the one you are near. If not living in Inland Empire, do not apply to UCR. If not from Central or Northern CA, do not apply to Davis. Attending Berkeley but being from Southern California likely won’t help either if that’s the case for you. But they do screen secondaries.

Loma Linda has a big religious component. Make sure you would fit that culture.

Quinnipiac
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola (low non-clinical hours)

West Virginia: Unlikely to consider a Californian without ties

Reactions: 1 users
After following @chilly_med advice above I suggest adding these schools:
Brown
Yale
Columbia
Rochester
Case Western
U Michigan
Western Michigan
U Chicago
Washington University
Duke

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Your refugee status should help you with holistic review. As others have said, break down your church activities when it comes to community service versus activities among church members (Sunday school, for example).

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Try to gain more non-clinical volunteering. It can be more hands-on work with the homeless or more activities at your church that help those less fortunate. Other examples include soup kitchen, Habitat for Humanity etc. That is one major thing you can do to strengthen your application and get more interviews.

Remove the following:
Stanford (low research experience)
CNU (accreditation issues)
UCD/UCR: only apply to the one you are near. If not living in Inland Empire, do not apply to UCR. If not from Central or Northern CA, do not apply to Davis. Attending Berkeley but being from Southern California likely won’t help either if that’s the case for you. But they do screen secondaries.

Loma Linda has a big religious component. Make sure you would fit that culture.

Quinnipiac
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola (low non-clinical hours)

West Virginia: Unlikely to consider a Californian without ties
Thank you for your input!! I have been considering removing some of these schools from my list and it's great to receive some confirmation.

After following @chilly_med advice above I suggest adding these schools:
Brown
Yale
Columbia
Rochester
Case Western
U Michigan
Western Michigan
U Chicago
Washington University
Duke
Sounds good!! I appreciate your advice!

Your refugee status should help you with holistic review. As others have said, break down your church activities when it comes to community service versus activities among church members (Sunday school, for example
Will do, thank you for your time!