Wanna read my PS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrShazam

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
First off, please don't lynch me for asking.

I know there's a search function and a list of PS readers already.

I already contacted 8 of them, and no response. This was about 1.5 weeks ago. I understand they are busy, but I am becoming a little desperate here. It's even worse for me because in talking to adcoms, it seems my PS is what did me in (and my MCAT, but that's been somewhat remedied already). Any feedback would be good. Just like no publicity is bad publicity, no feedback, no matter who or where it's from, is unhelpful.

Pretty please with chocolate on top. I don't like cherries so I wouldn't serve that to anyone, especially when begging for a favor :D.

PS- I am a re-applicant so I can forward both versions, my crappy first PS and my hopefully not so crappy second PS.

Also, for your entertainment, a conversation with my friend:

Friend: How's your PS?
Me: ps=bs
Friend: exactly

Oh, how I love the admissions process. They say "jump" and I say "how high?"

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
You can send it to me and I will look at it as soon as I finalize my apps. Shouldn't take that long.

I'd be willing to take a look if you want; I'm afraid I won't have time to provide extensive edits though

:laugh:

I had the same problem as you with that list :p

Here's my offer:

I'll read yours if you'll read mine.

Dear Dr Shazam + PlatypusMD

Three way? I'll PM you both

You pm'd me YESTERDAY...how is that 1.5 weeks ago? :laugh::thumbdown:

You pm'd me YESTERDAY...how is that 1.5 weeks ago? :laugh::thumbdown:

:laugh: I should've specified I made multiple, desperate attempts to contact personal statement readers, some earlier than others. Thanks for agreeing to read the PS :thumbup:

First off, please don't lynch me for asking.

I know there's a search function and a list of PS readers already.

I already contacted 8 of them, and no response. This was about 1.5 weeks ago. I understand they are busy, but I am becoming a little desperate here. It's even worse for me because in talking to adcoms, it seems my PS is what did me in (and my MCAT, but that's been somewhat remedied already). Any feedback would be good. Just like no publicity is bad publicity, no feedback, no matter who or where it's from, is unhelpful.

Pretty please with chocolate on top. I don't like cherries so I wouldn't serve that to anyone, especially when begging for a favor :D.

PS- I am a re-applicant so I can forward both versions, my crappy first PS and my hopefully not so crappy second PS.

You would have a stronger, more convincing PS, if you improved your attitude towards the application process and took this opportunity seriously.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure why we have that list of PS readers if they won't even acknowledge that someone asked for their help.

I'm not sure why we have that list of PS readers if they won't even acknowledge that someone asked for their help.

I have responded to every PM that I have received.

Likewise. Honestly, it's just ridiculous to make grand accusations like that.:rolleyes: therunner12, send me a PM. I'm almost caught up completely with everyone else. I just finished this guys and I'll gladly look at yours so you stop whining. :thumbdown: And making false accusations.:thumbdown:

Likewise. Honestly, it's just ridiculous to make grand accusations like that.:rolleyes: therunner12, send me a PM. I'm almost caught up completely with everyone else. I just finished this guys and I'll gladly look at yours so you stop whining. :thumbdown: And making false accusations.:thumbdown:

Maybe he's PMing people that aren't on the active list? :smuggrin:

Sorry guys, my sample size was only 2. I retract my previous statements.

And it was this years list.

Thanks for the offer Kaustikos. I've already submitted though.

Last edited:

I can vouch for Kaustikos (if you need vouching haha) - it was like a two day turn around for my PS.

We weren't questioning that but rather whether you were using a list that was not the most recent one posted in this thread.

Oh, well it was the most recent post. When I sent the requests I only had a few posts so they probably thought I didn't "contribute" to the forum enough.

Oh, well it was the most recent post. When I sent the requests I only had a few posts so they probably thought I didn't "contribute" to the forum enough.

Right. Go post pad in the c/o 2016 thread first. :)

You would have a stronger, more convincing PS, if you improved your attitude towards the application process and took this opportunity seriously.

I see where you are coming from . Because this process isn't arduous and tortuous enough, and I haven't spent enough time with 6 years of my life, that I should also let it suck the last bit of humor and sarcasm I have left.

Thanks, very useful advice :rolleyes: :thumbdown:.

To all those who decided to provide USEFUL feedback, thanks so much :D. I think my sample size was 7, but I unfortunately don't remember who I contacted because my outbox doesn't store sent messages. Regardless, I can also vouch for Kaustikos and StudyShy. Excellent turnaround time and advice from both :thumbup:

I see where you are coming from . Because this process isn't arduous and tortuous enough, and I haven't spent enough time with 6 years of my life, that I should also let it suck the last bit of humor and sarcasm I have left.

Thanks, very useful advice :rolleyes: :thumbdown:.

To all those who decided to provide USEFUL feedback, thanks so much :D. I think my sample size was 7, but I unfortunately don't remember who I contacted because my outbox doesn't store sent messages. Regardless, I can also vouch for Kaustikos and StudyShy. Excellent turnaround time and advice from both :thumbup:

Thanks, Shazam! Good luck! :luck: