wanna sue uconn for psychological abuse?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

which of the following did uconn do to u? (u can choose >1)

• psychologically abuse u

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • emotionally abuse u

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • professionally harrass u

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • emotionally rape u

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • sodomize u

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • encourage a nervous breakdown

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • make u wish u never wanted to become a dentist

• make u wish u went somewhere else

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • force u to go to drug testing

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • force u to go to psychological evaluation

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • threaten u

• coerce u

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • intimidate u

• manipulate the situation

• verbally abuse u

• kick u out cuz they didn't like ur personality

• f*ck u up so bad u had to go to a shrink urself

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • make u consider bullycide (=suicide due to severe bullying)

• forbid u from stating ur opinion even in private

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • make u afraid to reveal who u are on this forum

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • punish u in any manner

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CatsMeow

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
wanna sue uconn for psychological abuse? so many of us are po'ed---why not git together and do it? maybe if several of us git together, we can come up with some sort of group lawsuit. "u can do it!"

i'll even let ppl who like uconn post here.

btw, as a sort of disclaimer, this poll is based on the opinions and experiences of voters

if u choose the "other" choice, u can explain what u mean, even if it is a good ting

also, due to pm's let me clarify what is meant by "sodomize u"---it is clearly metaphorical---i should've put it in quotes---it is basically my way of saying that they violate ur medical, academic, and basic privacy and human rights by forcing **** on u like "personality evaluations"...all other stuff listed is to be taken literally (like the drug testing and counseling)

don't furgit to "git'r done!" (git it?--FURgit?---me so f'in funny :laugh: )

i wuv ***** (cat that is)

Members don't see this ad.

CatsMeow said:
[COLOR=Dark Red]wanna sue uconn for psychological abuse? so many of us are pissed---why not git together and do it? maybe if several of us git together, we can come up with some sort of group lawsuit. u can do it! :clap: [/COLOR]

I have to say that this is embarrassing (but true) that so many people feel this way. Maybe a lawsuit isn't the way to go. Try therapy.

CatsMeow said:
[COLOR=Dark Red]wanna sue uconn for psychological abuse? so many of us are pissed---why not git together and do it? maybe if several of us git together, we can come up with some sort of group lawsuit. u can do it! :clap: [/COLOR]

I want to sue UConn, but I'm afraid that they would expell me or revoke my diploma once I earn it.

Members don't see this ad :)
HardWay said:
I want to sue UConn, but I'm afraid that they would expell me or revoke my diploma once I earn it.

Maybe if we sue UConn as a group, then it will make it harder for them to revoke degrees.

Does anyone have any legal expertise on this forum? Could me maybe file a class action lawsuit against the University-wide system?

Check out the following threads for recent stuff said about Univ of Connecticut:
UConn
(thread started by ems5184)
How Happy are you at your school?
(thread started by benfolds23)
Will you give back to your alumni or dental school after graduation?
(thread started by kerrydds06)
UConn or Stony???
(thread started by msnonsense)
UConn dental students
(thread started by bkwash)
Uconn students
(thread started by thehipster)
Would you do it all over again?
(thread started by whistlesgoWOO​

CatsMeow said:

You should add "almost expelled" to your poll.

Me4 said:
Check out the following threads for recent stuff said about Univ of Connecticut:
UConn
(thread started by ems5184)
(thread started by benfolds23)
Will you give back to your alumni or dental school after graduation?
(thread started by kerrydds06)
UConn or Stony???
(thread started by msnonsense)
UConn dental students
(thread started by bkwash)
Uconn students
(thread started by thehipster)
(thread started by whistlesgoWOO​

You should post them as links. Here they are.

UConn

Will you give back to your Alumni or Dental school after graduation?

UConn or Stony???

UConn Dental Students

Uconn students

And you forgot:

UPenn VS UConn??

anybuddy have any other links to post---git sum from the old days with bb watching us

add "revoke your degree" or "attempted to revoke your degree".

Wow, is this thread for real?!! I mean, I definitely got a bad vibe from UConn when I interviewed there back in the day. But nothing like this! I'm curious, some of these poll choices are obviously a joke: "sodomize u." But does UConn actually selectively ask some of its students to undergo drug testing and psychological evaluation?

SuperTrooper said:
Wow, is this thread for real?!! I mean, I definitely got a bad vibe from UConn when I interviewed there back in the day. But nothing like this! I'm curious, some of these poll choices are obviously a joke: "sodomize u." But does UConn actually selectively ask some of its students to undergo drug testing and psychological evaluation?

Uhhhh.....They do NOT ASK....They demand!!! I know first hand what other ppl mean when they claim that didactics aren't the problem, it's the other stuff.

SuperTrooper said:

sure buddy---they ask u if u wanna go and if u say "no" they ask u if u wanna leave :laugh:

SuperTrooper said:

They force some people to go for alcohol or drug counseling or testing; they force some to go to psychiatrists and then they violate their medical privacy by talking to their doctors; then they find out things like a person has a learning disorder and they refuse any accomodations and tell all the faculty about your private matters; they force others to go to neuropsych testing and evaluation; they force some to go to different committees to be "monitored"; they force some people to go to personality testing because they disagreed with a professor.....the full list would be exhausting.....need i go on?

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually, I know of at least 2 students who hired lawyers, but tried not to tell too many people for fear of BB.

IMO, I think we should go to a lawfirm and not an individual lawyer. This case we wanna make against them might cover many specialties of law so we would need a law team.

Further, we need a law firm (not an individual lawyer) to fight a university.

Finally, if you guys are serious about filing a lawsuit, I suggest we stop communicating through threads (which are public) b/c these threads could be used against us in our lawsuit. However, if you are just venting your feelings, opinion, and personal experiences, then just keep on venting.

yes this thread is real and yes I have heard of one instance (from the student) of being forced to undergo drus and alcohol counseling where there was absolutely no evidence as far as I could see that he was a druggie or alcoholic. I also know of one instance (again from the student) where this student was forced to undergo psychological evaluation. I wonder how many others it happened to who are too goddamn humiliated or afraid to speak out.

And, as far as I know they don't actually perform anal on anyone. But, you know I can remember my junkie neighbor rubbing up against me when I was maybe 3 or 4....yes, bad experience. But, you know what? UConn was worse.

SuperTrooper said:

....there's little diversity. Probably true of most dental schools. I sure as hell didn't feel comfortable there.....with all those goddamn white white white professors and admins. Even the students (although mostly nice folks) were mostly white and vastly middle to upper middle class. Sorry folks, but that seriously limits perspectives.

Sure we had some minority teachers and students. But, man I've never seen people "keep themselves in place" so well. They may have been excellent at their work but maybe, just maybe, they were afraid if losing their jobs! You just never saw any of them sit back and relax.

iamhuman said:
Even the students (although mostly nice folks) were mostly white and vastly middle to upper middle class.
Yes, this is definitely the vibe I got when I interviewed there. Seemed like the biggest clique was the white ("I'm from connecticut") clique, and they weren't very friendly to outsiders. :thumbdown:

since a person can only vote once, it seems as if more ppl voted than posted---is it cuz u r fraid of dr t?---then pm me and u can still be part of the lawsuit---

btw---i am ttly f*ckin serious bout wanting to sue---plz take this seriously---any takers?---plz pm me and we can come up wit a way

This thread has really gotten me curious. What is the drug testing all about? And the shrink? Can someone shed some details on this for those of us not at UConn?

unlvdmd said:
This thread has really gotten me curious. What is the drug testing all about? And the shrink? Can someone shed some details on this for those of us not at UConn?

As I understand the situation (I could be wrong), some guy was from the south and had a bit of a drawl. That drawl was present at all times and every day. For some reason, it became an issue during his 4th yr. So, he was sent to a committee to be monitored who then decided that he was probably taking drugs and that was what was causing his drawl. Thus, they subjected him to multiple "pop" drug tests. When the tests came back negative, they decided he must have "just gotten lucky." Thus, they then decided to send him for drug counseling.

As for the psychological testing and counseling, my understanding is that you have to disagree with a professor who has made it clear they hate you. You will be viewed as "defensive and defiant" and forced to undergo psychological testing and counseling and then that testing will be used against you and told to all faculty, regardless of your medical privacy.

Sounds like a peachy place to be, right! :love:

SERIOUSLY?????????? That is not even close to being cool. :eek:

unlvdmd said:
SERIOUSLY?????????? That is not even close to being cool. :eek:

Do you really think they are doing it to be COOL! F*ck no! They do it b/c they are immoral and messed up!

basically this guy (he told me himself) was a really laid back individual and didn't keep up with his charts well. That's something we are all guilty of from time to time. Admittedly, he was worse with paperwork than others. Well this committee sat him down and talked to him to ask him what was wrong with him that he couldn't keep up with his charts. Basically he didn't have a real reason, so they came up with the insane conclusion that he must be on drugs and or alcohol. To my knowledge they didn't actually drug test him but they did FORCE him to go for drug and alcohol counseling. What killed me was not that they just did this but that they sent him to the very individual you'd go and ask for confidential help from if you really did have a drug and alcohol problem. The guy interviewed the student once and told the committee he didn't need to see the student anymore. Why in god's name did they even need to force him to go to begin with?

HardWay said:
As I understand the situation (I could be wrong), some guy was from the south and had a bit of a drawl. That drawl was present at all times and every day. For some reason, it became an issue during his 4th yr. So, he was sent to a committee to be monitored who then decided that he was probably taking drugs and that was what was causing his drawl. Thus, they subjected him to multiple "pop" drug tests. When the tests came back negative, they decided he must have "just gotten lucky." Thus, they then decided to send him for drug counseling.

As for the psychological testing and counseling, my understanding is that you have to disagree with a professor who has made it clear they hate you. You will be viewed as "defensive and defiant" and forced to undergo psychological testing and counseling and then that testing will be used against you and told to all faculty, regardless of your medical privacy.

Sounds like a peachy place to be, right! :love:

iamhuman said:
basically this guy (he told me himself) was a really laid back individual and didn't keep up with his charts well. That's something we are all guilty of from time to time. Admittedly, he was worse with paperwork than others. Well this committee sat him down and talked to him to ask him what was wrong with him that he couldn't keep up with his charts. Basically he didn't have a real reason, so they came up with the insane conclusion that he must be on drugs and or alcohol. To my knowledge they didn't actually drug test him but they did FORCE him to go for drug and alcohol counseling. What killed me was not that they just did this but that they sent him to the very individual you'd go and ask for confidential help from if you really did have a drug and alcohol problem. The guy interviewed the student once and told the committee he didn't need to see the student anymore. Why in god's name did they even need to force him to go to begin with?

1 *****---uhh----errr---chick, told us bout being sent cuz she tried to show a professor that she had seen a pt (student tried to show prof the chart as proof that she had seen pt)---[profs here think u r talkin' back if u try to carry on a regular convo]----this chick was sent to a neurologist 4 testing 4 a brain disorder---when it came back no problems, they then sent her to a shrink and forced her to take tests they give to prisoners to diagnose personality disorders like boderline personality---pretty sick :wow:

OMG!

You guys, esp you current UConn dental students, are frightening me!

Why? Because I'm applying to UConn's dental school for next fall's term.

I have visited the "campus" (actually a building with the UConn hospital) this past summer.

The faculties were nice and friendly.

Of course, I went on a tour, so they were "nice" to me so that I could apply to UConn and give them the application $$$ to stuff their pocket.

But seriously, current UConn dental students, give me an HONEST feedback of your life at UConn. Study life, social life. Do you guys even have time to socialize?

The dental student who gave my parents and me a tour said that didactics is combined with the medical school. I could care less as most dental school curriculum is based that way.

ArmoredTooth said:
OMG!

I have visited the "campus" (actually a building with the UConn hospital) this past summer.

Of course, I went on a tour, so they were "nice" to me so that I could apply to UConn and give them the application $$$ to stuff their pocket.

But seriously, current UConn dental students, give me an HONEST feedback of your life at UConn. Study life, social life. Do you guys even have time to socialize?

The dental student who gave my parents and me a tour said that didactics is combined with the medical school. I could care less as most dental school curriculum is based that way.

Go there, you won't regret it. Just about every dental school will have "horror stories" involving a faculty member or two and a couple of students. Just remember, in life, not everybody gets along with everyone else and that can create issues/problems. Dental school emulates life. The education you get is second to none, and the price and the location truely set it apart from most any other school out there.

Additionally from what I hear both from the students that I teach there and from 2 of my patients(one's a 2nd year there and one's a third year - and this is something that you'll truely find gratifying in the future when one of your own patients goto dental school! :thumbup: :love: :D ) the overall experience is actually quite a bit more "user friendly" than it was in the past when I was there.

ArmoredTooth said:
OMG!

Every school has its pros and cons. It is up to you to decide if the pros at UConn outweigh the cons. I can only tell you from personal experience that I would never re-do dental school at UConn even if it were the only school that had accepted me and if it were free. There are always horror stories at any school, but our school had a preponderance of them. Even if you are not directly subjected to the trauma, you will suffer "second-hand" trauma when you see what happens to your classmates. I dated a guy (no longer involved, but still good friends) that was unmercifully and unjustifiably picked on by the administration. It was emotionally exhausting to watch him suffer and not know how to fix the problem. I ended up suffering from depression by association.

Just know this: find out everything you can about the school you want to go to; then, you will know what you are getting yourself into.

Me4 said:
I can only tell you from personal experience that I would never re-do dental school at UConn even if it were the only school that had accepted me and if it were free.
really?! :eek:

Me4 said:
Every school has its pros and cons. It is up to you to decide if the pros at UConn outweigh the cons. I can only tell you from personal experience that I would never re-do dental school at UConn even if it were the only school that had accepted me and if it were free. There are always horror stories at any school, but our school had a preponderance of them. Even if you are not directly subjected to the trauma, you will suffer "second-hand" trauma when you see what happens to your classmates. I dated a guy (no longer involved, but still good friends) that was unmercifully and unjustifiably picked on by the administration. It was emotionally exhausting to watch him suffer and not know how to fix the problem. I ended up suffering from depression by association.

Just know this: find out everything you can about the school you want to go to; then, you will know what you are getting yourself into.

ttly---if i hadn't put my family thru so much already, i would get my A$$ outa here---not worth it---who cares about the degree when life sucks this hard!!

be smart---go somewhere better---but if u have to choose btwn a ds that is just as sucky but costs more, then come here---i s'pse the broomstick in the A$$ won't hurt as bad if u don't have to pay as much

come on Cat'sMeow...quit beating around the bush and tell us how you really feel about UConn.

I strongly recommend you do not attend uconn. You may be tempted to disregard posts by current and former students because you want to specialize so badly it clouds your judgement. Spend an extra week studying the dental decks and go elsewhere.

I have compared horror stories with students from other schools with high specialty placement (UCLA, Harvard, UPenn, ect). All are shocked to the point of disbelief by the level of abuse, exacted on students of all caliber, at uconn.

PTSD said:
I strongly recommend you do not attend uconn. You may be tempted to disregard posts by current and former students because you want to specialize so badly it clouds your judgement. Spend an extra week studying the dental decks and go elsewhere.

I have compared horror stories with students from other schools with high specialty placement (UCLA, Harvard, UPenn, ect). All are shocked to the point of disbelief by the level of abuse, exacted on students of all caliber, at uconn.

Yes, don't attend UConn. Then no more bitching will be heard.

I had alumni tell me not to go to UConn. How deeply I regret not listening to them.

You can do better, my friend.

ArmoredTooth said:
OMG!

I have said it before and I will say it again. UConn is a great Dental school that will offer students a lot - a first rate basic medical science education, a stellar dental training, the opportunity to do VERY well on boards, and the opportunity to do research.

While I realize and respect that not everyone's experience has been the same, I just wanted to give another perspective on the school.

HulkHogan said:
I have said it before and I will say it again. UConn is a great Dental school that will offer students a lot - a first rate basic medical science education, a stellar dental training, the opportunity to do VERY well on boards, and the opportunity to do research.

While I realize and respect that not everyone's experience has been the same, I just wanted to give another perspective on the school.

You have every right to give your perspective (as do we). Then, it is up to entering students to read through these posts and make a decision for themselves. At least they will be informed. Further, telling them what UConn does may assure that only students who agree with the behavior at this school will attend the school and others will find a nice fit elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.