Want to transfer to OCPM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aftershock

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently a sophmore at another Pod school in the country and am looking to transfer to OCPM for reasons concerning my family, but i'mnot going to get into that. If any OCPM students besides that guy who was bashing it (he's probably in the bottom 10th of the class) has any input as to its clinical experience please email me. Also, when does the clinical rotations start for the juniors, and when is their vacation period this summer? All the help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

PM2004

Members don't see this ad.

•••quote:••• he's probably in the bottom 10th of the class ••••No the top 30%!

Fish?? No, this is a serious question.
And whoever Kyle is, who told me to "Eat a D#@K", that's nice...real nice. Have a little class buddy.
PM2004

Members don't see this ad :)
Man! You are definetly OCPM material. You will really like the school with all of it's clinical exposure and it's wonderful faculty. By the way, your comment about class is a little hypocritical. The truth is I think your in the bottom 10% of your class and OCPM is your only option b/c they admit poor quality students such as yourself! Last time I checked, OCPM is really desperate, with only 24 filled seats for next year. You will not find any OCPM students to defend the school either. If you want to insult, put your credentials on the line, such as school and class rank. Don't try and mislead with family as your reason for coming here. Your lack of options sounds more believable! Your questions can be found out by calling the school.

It's pretty pathetic that you students who are already at OCPM have no loyalty to the school...and as for the comments directed towards me, you don't know anything about me or my situation. I'm ashamed at the fact that you guys are going to be my colleagues, instead of giving me some positive feedback, you guys give me the exact opposite. Good luck out there in the real world...fellow colleagues.

PM2004

Tell us your current school and defend it!

I'm at TUSPM. The school is good, i have no complaints. I wish i could finish my 4 years here, but circumstances won't allow that. It's either OCPM or NYCPM that i would think of transferring to, and i heard OCPM is the better out of the 2. There is nothing to defend, and i never meant to insult anybody, but when i get a private message from some stranger posting in this group telling me to 'eat a d@#k', without instigation, i have a right to get confrontational.

Peace,
PM2004

My advice is that if OCPM is the better of the two for you to attend,and you cant go anywhere else find a different career. Or stay where you are at and bear it because it will be better than the experience you would have at OCPM.

I attended OCPM a number of years ago which means that I have no direct knowledge of its academic or clinical quality however that's not the real issue. Getting your degree and then getting good general podiatry and surgical training during your residency is the critical factor. If your family situation dictates a change that's what's important TODAY.
By the way, I've read a number of posts bashing podiatry. What can a student possibly know about the real world of podiatry. I see 25-30 patients a day and the vast majority of them are genuinely grateful for what I do for them. I can't think of another area of medicine that offers more opportunity for professional growth and satisfaction than podiatry. I often joke with my patients that I'm glad that I'm not a dentist or a proctologist. Family practice or internal medicine, Forget it!!
Good luck and keep plugging away.

Is OCPM that easy to get into? I've known podiatrists from there who loved the school and do great now. I personally dno't know anything about it, but it sounds ok.