Was published... can/should I inform my schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JUMPtheMOON711

c/o 2017!! but where...?
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.

I was published in a research journal yesterday (YAY!) and was wondering if it was appropriate to e-mail the schools I haven't heard back from yet and let them know... not that it is EXTREMELY influential, but it is pretty cool and something I would like them to know. Is this appropriate protocol?

Thank you!

Best,
-Jump

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys.

I was published in a research journal yesterday (YAY!) and was wondering if it was appropriate to e-mail the schools I haven't heard back from yet and let them know... not that it is EXTREMELY influential, but it is pretty cool and something I would like them to know. Is this appropriate protocol?

Thank you!

Best,
-Jump

I would! You should be proud!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Cool-congrats! I would email the schools that you applied to about it. Seems schools are really into candidates with research experience.

When this happened to me I brought a copy with me to the interview. But I would probably also email the school jut in case it gives you that added edge!

Congrats!

I did this too. . just sent it in as an updated CV and asked that it be added to my review file. Congrats!

Congrats! What a fantastic accomplishment and feeling!! :highfive:

Hey guys.

Thank you!

Best,
-Jump

C'mon, you can't post that without including the abstract!! Not fair! :)

Congrats, and yes you should update the schools. There's no harm to doing it, and there might be an upside - that makes it a no-brainer.