Was published... can/should I inform my schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JUMPtheMOON711

c/o 2017!! but where...?
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys.

I was published in a research journal yesterday (YAY!) and was wondering if it was appropriate to e-mail the schools I haven't heard back from yet and let them know... not that it is EXTREMELY influential, but it is pretty cool and something I would like them to know. Is this appropriate protocol?

Thank you!

Best,
-Jump
 
Hey guys.

I was published in a research journal yesterday (YAY!) and was wondering if it was appropriate to e-mail the schools I haven't heard back from yet and let them know... not that it is EXTREMELY influential, but it is pretty cool and something I would like them to know. Is this appropriate protocol?

Thank you!

Best,
-Jump

I would! You should be proud!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Cool-congrats! I would email the schools that you applied to about it. Seems schools are really into candidates with research experience.
 
When this happened to me I brought a copy with me to the interview. But I would probably also email the school jut in case it gives you that added edge!

Congrats!
 
I did this too. . just sent it in as an updated CV and asked that it be added to my review file. Congrats!
 
Hey guys.

I was published in a research journal yesterday (YAY!) and was wondering if it was appropriate to e-mail the schools I haven't heard back from yet and let them know... not that it is EXTREMELY influential, but it is pretty cool and something I would like them to know. Is this appropriate protocol?

Thank you!

Best,
-Jump

C'mon, you can't post that without including the abstract!! Not fair! 🙂

Congrats, and yes you should update the schools. There's no harm to doing it, and there might be an upside - that makes it a no-brainer.