Wash. U. 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
what's this financial aid website you speak of where u can see if you have a merit scholarship? or the financial aid website in general?

Members don't see this ad.

Click here for the financial aid award login. This link was listed under "NetPartner" on the left of WashU's financial aid website and is different from the application itself.

so i found the website and i found it and its confusing it says that financial need: $57,014.00 and student contribution: 1550. this confuses me, this is without them having any of my paperwork or fafsa. so they calculate how much i have to pay on top of how much needbased aid i can get from the gov? my parental contribution is 0; veteran aid is 0. a financial guru please help!

Members don't see this ad :)
so i found the website and i found it and its confusing it says that financial need: $57,014.00 and student contribution: 1550. this confuses me, this is without them having any of my paperwork or fafsa. so they calculate how much i have to pay on top of how much needbased aid i can get from the gov? my parental contribution is 0; veteran aid is 0. a financial guru please help!

It's probably not done yet (unless your parental contribution actually is zero). On a side note, I had my package mailed to me and it mentioned nothing of this website. It does accurately reflect what I received in the mail though (which alas, did not contain a merit scholarship, only a tiny need-based one).

Merit scholarships have not been awarded yet - according to the financial aid person who just emailed me. Welp, that's settled.

So I was checking back over my award on the website based on what people said and here is a basic rundown:

Total Cost: 58
My EFC: 9

Carol Fisch Scholarship: 28 per year

Rest in Loans: 30K

Take from that what you will, I dunno.

So I was checking back over my award on the website based on what people said and here is a basic rundown:

Total Cost: 58
My EFC: 9

Carol Fisch Scholarship: 28 per year

Rest in Loans: 30K

Take from that what you will, I dunno.
Wow, how'd you get your EFC so low? Anyway, the Carol Fisch scholarship is most probably a need-based scholarship, as mine was around 8K with a 27K EFC, which add to a similar number

Thanks for tracking that info down Humble and ending all of our speculation. :thumbup:

Thanks for tracking that info down Humble and ending all of our speculation. :thumbup:

Es mi placer. See everyone in a week. Maybe they're holding off on merit scholarships until the second look - that would be awkward if suddenly they asked 10 students to leave and they came back carrying big checks...

Wow, how'd you get your EFC so low? Anyway, the Carol Fisch scholarship is most probably a need-based scholarship, as mine was around 8K with a 27K EFC, which add to a similar number

Cool, sounds about right to me.

As far as the EFC...that's what happens when your parents don't make a lot of money.;-)

Cool, sounds about right to me.

As far as the EFC...that's what happens when your parents don't make a lot of money.;-)

I'm ust trying to figure out this EFC business, because my EFC is almost half of my parent's income...

I'm ust trying to figure out this EFC business, because my EFC is almost half of my parent's income...

My EFC basically equals my parents' income. :( I wish that instead of being all frugal and saving little by little over the years they had just gone ahead and blown all their money.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got a letter today, I am not a finalist for a scholarship. Oh well here we go :( lol. Good luck to everyone.

Me too. WashU is looking less and less like an option for me.

Just got a letter today, I am not a finalist for a scholarship. Oh well here we go :( lol. Good luck to everyone.

:eek: :eek: :eek:
Suddenly I wish I didn't go home for the weekend.

:eek: :eek: :eek:
Suddenly I wish I didn't go home for the weekend.

Me too! On top of that, my parents didn't send their schedules with their tax returns (I guess that was my fault for not telling them), so my package hasn't been calculated yet.

On a slightly unrelated note, about Second Look: what should I do if my plane is supposed to land at 5:15? Should I arrive late to dinner, or should I just count on not being able to get to dinner at all?

man, i'm gonna be scared to check my mailbox tomorrow(its on campus and i live off and i didn't go in today). so basically a finalist for a scholarship means you got it ie the word finalist so i wonder if you just wrote it that way or washu worded it that way u know to sound PC and pretend everyone who didn't get it was a semifinalist or something who knows i haven't even seen the freakin letter.

So I got my financial aid packet in the mail today and yes, from the letter that they sent me, they made it apparent that the Carol Fisch Scholarship that I wrote about above is indeed need-based as others had speculated. Just so no one is worried that they were giving out merit scholarships already!

No letter in North Carolina. Can't wait for 2nd look y'all.

I am -- but I get in late Thursday night ..

Hey everyone,
I'm a prospective 2011er attending second look weekend. I was confused about the above posts. Have people received information about the full ride scholarships? Did people receive info that they WERE NOT a finalist or that they WERE going to receive a scholarship? All I've received is the second look metro tickets and a statement of tuition for next year. Did everyone get this? Sorry for all the qs. See y'all soon!

Hey everyone,
I'm a prospective 2011er attending second look weekend. I was confused about the above posts. Have people received information about the full ride scholarships? Did people receive info that they WERE NOT a finalist or that they WERE going to receive a scholarship? All I've received is the second look metro tickets and a statement of tuition for next year. Did everyone get this? Sorry for all the qs. See y'all soon!

Some people have received need-based scholarships already, but no one has reported winning a merit-based scholarship (yet). However, an unlucky few on here received a letter this Saturday saying they are out of the running for these full tuition prizes.

Everyone, though, should have gotten a notice of tuition as well metro tickets by now.

Some people have received need-based scholarships already, but no one has reported winning a merit-based scholarship (yet). However, an unlucky few on here received a letter this Saturday saying they are out of the running for these full tuition prizes.

Everyone, though, should have gotten a notice of tuition as well metro tickets by now.

Metro tickets? Where? When? I've gotten the tuition notice, but not the tickets.

Metro tickets? Where? When? I've gotten the tuition notice, but not the tickets.

They come with the letter detailing the official weekend schedule. Wee little pink things. Not a big deal, but it saves you $3.50 on the way from the airport, and $2.20 on the way back.

See you all this weekend.

I got the bad scholarship letter, so unfortunately I won't be seeing you guys this weekend (I'm withdrawing). Good luck to all of you! :D

I got the bad scholarship letter, so unfortunately I won't be seeing you guys this weekend (I'm withdrawing). Good luck to all of you! :D

Sorry to hear that Towelie :( I thought for sure you would get one! But of course you've got plenty of great options! I wonder what in the world kind of people they are giving these things to.

Aw, goodbye, Towelie. So it's Pritzker for you, then?

I'm nervous to go home and check my mail.

jbl16, I'll be there for the earlier part. I'll make sure to say hello. Excited for this weekend!

i got the bad letter too. oh well makes my decision easier i guess. but still i will be at second look for a fun time.

They come with the letter detailing the official weekend schedule. Wee little pink things. Not a big deal, but it saves you $3.50 on the way from the airport, and $2.20 on the way back.

See you all this weekend.

Ah! Okay, I just got it this afternoon. :)

Along with a scholarship rejection. Man, I suck at life.

I guess it's a good sign that I'm still excited about this weekend? See you all then!

Maybe these scholarhsip rejection letters are all an elaborate test to see who actually wants to attend WashU without money and attends second-look, only to be awarded with a scholarship? I'm picturing the ending to Charlie and the Chocolate factory, you follow?

:confused: anyone?

I like the way you think Humble. :thumbup:

I don't understand why they're stirring up so much resentment right before second look. :confused:

Withdrew post scholarship-rejection letter as well. Guess the waitlist will start moving before to long :) Have fun at Second Look guys!!! And congrats to the future-scholarship-winners!!! :thumbup: :luck:

With the lovely mail lag between St. Louis and my house (12 days at best) it'll be a looooooooooooooong time before I hear back. I want that bad letter already:(

With the lovely mail lag between St. Louis and my house (12 days at best) it'll be a looooooooooooooong time before I hear back. I want that bad letter already:(

Hey, you will probably get a good letter! Or a big old check at 2nd Look as HumbleMD suggested. ;)

No one on this thread has actually got the scholarship yet, kinda odd.

Maybe they haven't actually sent the winners out yet, the letter people got just said that they were not finalists, so they probably have the finalists and now they need to decide among those.

Is anyone besides omegaxx still in the "no news is good news" category on here?

I also haven't gotten the "bad" letter yet though I live in New York so I'm assuming the letter's just taking its sweet time in getting to me. Either that or my campus mail service is just being really slow. We'll see what happens today! I just hate not knowing :thumbdown:

I live in MN, haven't gotten anything yet...crosses fingers. I was thinking about calling to find out when we should expect to hear. But I suppose with Second Look this weekend (I'm not attending), I'll wait until next to call if I don't hear anything.

Finally made it home to check my mail, and there was no news waiting for me... which I am feeling optimistic about. Good luck to everyone still waiting! :luck:

Hey, you will probably get a good letter! Or a big old check at 2nd Look as HumbleMD suggested. ;)

The thing is I'm not even going to the 2nd look--which they can construe as a lack of interest in our school.
I think they should realize that I'm just damn broke:mad:

For those only almost but not completely broke, who's pumped for tomorrow's festivities? :D