Wash U. decisions?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by grasshopper, Nov 30, 2001.

1. grasshopper

grasshopper Senior Member

Wasn't Wash U's committe supposed to meet today? Anybody hear from them? Any past students care to share how they got notified? Have any non MSTP been accepted there up until now?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Jo

Jo Member

I think that they were supposed to meet on Nov. 29. On the day that I interviewed, the admissions officer said that they'd probably call you if you got in. I haven't heard from them, and I don't know anyone who has....I'm hoping they changed their mind and are mailing decisions instead!

Good luck!

Jo

4. Sir William Osler

Sir William Osler Senior Member

no news here. maybe this week we'll hear.

5. mwilson

mwilson treo

Medical Student
    Yeah, I remember 11/29 being the date of their first meeting. They said it would depend on the personal style of your interviewer as to whether they would choose to call, e-mail or just let the letter be sent notifying you about acceptance. Good luck everyone!

6. The Fly

The Fly Senior Member

I interviewed on Nov. 2nd, and I haven't heard anything either . . . however, I can't remember if they said their notifications might come a bit later than anticipated, with all of the scAMCAS problems and what not?? Does anyone else recall such a disclaimer ??

Maybe we'll all come home to acceptances this week! *fingers crossed* :)

7. Jo

Jo Member

Hey all,
    I know that some acceptances went out in the mail on Nov. 30.

Best of luck!

8. grasshopper

happy to say that I can confirm that. Got it priority mail today. ! Good luck to the rest of you .. .let me know . .

9. E'01

E'01 1K Member

Medical Student

10. grasshopper

Thanks for your support! I hate to ask this at the risk of rubbing in the faces of those still waiting to hear, but has anybody out there applied for their merit scholarship(s) in the past or in the process of doing so (I think the only other WashU acceptance posted was MDPhD, though, so they probably wouldn't be eligible for MORE money :) but I figured maybe some current student at any school that got in there may know)? If so, could you please IM me? I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!

11. Hopkins2010

Hopkins2010 Banned
    Banned

I didnt know they offered merit scholarships, but they probably didnt tell us because of MSTP. I doubt they would give those scholarships to us anyways, since all our expenses are pretty much covered. If they did give it to an MSTP, it would be like getting paid to go to school.

By the way, I got a letter from my MD interviewer today congratulating me on getting accepted and offering to help set me up on a summer research fellowship. And I also got an official letter from the MSTP (they emailed me the first time) stating that I was officially accepted into the program.

However, I didnt get the matriculation form or any instructions about a class deposit. Did you get anything like that? I guess I need to call them and ask them to send it to me.

12. GermanJohn

GermanJohn Member

Hey everyone. I got my Wash U acceptance yesterday too. It came with instructions about sending the deposit ($100, refundable before May 15), forwarding them your transcripts, and an offer to help find a summer research mentor.

13. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats

Ah German John...congrats man!
    They must have loved you for switching interview times with me :)
    I hope I warmed up our interviewer for ya! haha
    No acceptance for scooby...none was expected of course!
    Glad you got in!
    Is that one of your top choices?

14. GermanJohn

GermanJohn Member

Hey Scooby! Thanks for the congrats. Yeah, Wash U is one of my top choices at this time, although I need to wait to see exactly how the financial aid works out. Sorry to hear that you didn't get in there. But you've already gotten in elsewhere, right? Are you still interviewing or sitting back and playing the waiting game?

15. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats

I've got a few more interviews coming up and I am waiting b/c I am not sure if I really want to go to these. SO I am going to try to push them back a little more...
    And I am waiting on hearing from about 5 more schools I am interested in interviewing at..