Wash U MSTP hold

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uproarhz

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone EVER come off the pre-interview hold at Wash U and land an interview there?

Members don't see this ad.

I applied quite early and still haven't heard anything from them + looking at the rejection thread, I was guessing that I'm on pre-interview hold as well.
uproahz, did you get a letter/email telling you that you were on pre-interview hold at Wash U?

Members don't see this ad :)
garandoo said:
I applied quite early and still haven't heard anything from them + looking at the rejection thread, I was guessing that I'm on pre-interview hold as well.
uproahz, did you get a letter/email telling you that you were on pre-interview hold at Wash U?

No, I don't think they notify you if you're on hold. They just kindly leave you in limbo!!! I found out because I got an interview invite with their MD program. So I called the MSTP office to figure out what was my status with them. That's when they let the cat out the bag. So if you haven't heard anything, give em a call. The lady on the phone said they will keep the hold file til mid dec. After that I guess they will revisit those files and make the cuts.

I guess I have a decision to make. I don't know if I want to interview with their MD program only. Decisions Decisions...
:confused:

Neuronix said:
With all pre-interview holds it is rare for you to get an interview. That's not to say it couldn't happen, but it's unlikely. Who wants to be in St. Louis anyways? :)

I wanna be in St. Louis.

ahhh, as I guessed. One thing to speculate, another to know it )!(
Regarding your MD program only interview, don't u wanna just go and check out the place + check out the rsch person of ur interest? I don't have that situation yet (MD only at the time), but if I do, I'll definately do it and in the spare time find the rsch person I'm interested/sell myself/hope some good will come out.

Sorry I'm posting in the same thread about a different topic, but does anyone know about the likeliness of getting an interview if you're on hold at U Wash (Seattle) MSTP?

double_cut said:
but does anyone know about the likeliness of getting an interview if you're on hold at U Wash (Seattle) MSTP?

How did you find out you were on hold at UW-Seattle?

ninebillion:

they sent me an email. i was kinda bummed.

uproarhz said:
anyone EVER come off the pre-interview hold at Wash U and land an interview there?

Last edited:
I also got off the hold list and now attend WashU. Like many of you I had no idea that I was actually on hold, but have since found out that it would be a good idea to email/call and find out. I didn't call because I didn't want to be anal and bother them, but in fact I found out that by not calling it really just made me appear to not be interested. So listen to pi and express interest in washu if you really want to go.
-steve