Wash-U Post Bacc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nynnysf

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm interested in applying to a post bacc in order to make up a few low grades (2 or 3). I also think I'd benefit from having a pre-med counselor. I've been looking at Wash-U's program in particular. Anybody know how competitive it is? They say a 3.2/4.0 undergraduate GPA is their cutoff, and I would just make it @ 3.2. However, my science GPA is higher - 3.4. Anyone happen to know if I be a competitive applicant?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Apply and see what happens. You meet the criteria so they'll consider your application. You think it would be a good program for your situation, so go after it. You can't win if you don't play.

The one thing they don't mention is their success/placement rate. They screen up front for people with a certain GPA and only grant their letters of recommendation and certificate for people who earn a certain GPA in their program. So with all their screening, how successful are they at getting people into medical school? If you're too shy to ask personally, set-up a second email account and ask them, but that's something I'd want to know before I committed to their program...especially at ~$600/credit hour and a minimum of 24 credit hours in the program.