Wash U...remembers me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wowzer

daaaaaamn homie
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I was applyin to colleges as an undergraudate, I applied to and was accepted to Wash U. I attended their multicultural/pre-frosh program in 2002, but I chose to go to Hopkins over Wash U for undergrad.

I turend in my Wash U secondary a few weeks ago, and then the admission office mailed me at home saying that they remembered me from that program, had gotten my info from the undergrad office, and asked me to submit LORs ASAP.

I was jsut wondering if anybody else had the same situation. I don't know if this is a good or bad thing...I mean, I denied going there 4 years ago so are they going to consider this with my application?

Members don't see this ad.

I was also accepted there as an undergraduate, but chose not to go due to high tuition costs. They sent me mail 6-7 months ago saying they remembered me, how I was a competitive applicant, etc, and wanted me to consider Wash U again. However, this was in regards to their graduate/PhD programs in science, not med school. I'm sure their letter to you is a good thing, and I don't think the fact that you chose not to go to their school for undergrad will have a negative impact on your chances at their med school.

SuzieQ3417 said:
I was also accepted there as an undergraduate, but chose not to go due to high tuition costs. They sent me mail 6-7 months ago saying they remembered me, how I was a competitive applicant, etc, and wanted me to consider Wash U again. However, this was in regards to their graduate/PhD programs in science, not med school.

I got this same letter yesterday ... I figured they just had me on their radar from when I applied for undergrad, since I haven't even sent in my secondary yet. Wash U has a tendency to recruit a lot anyway, so I didn't think it was that big of a deal.

Wowzer: I guess yours is a bit different - but I think it's definitely a good sign. I highly doubt not going their for undergrad will hurt you. Good luck!