Wash U St. Louis vs UIC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sycamores94

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello All,

I am having a difficult time choosing between Wash U St. Louis and UIC in Chicago. I would get in state tuition at UIC but the cost of living in Chicago is also very high. I am currently an athletic training student and can see myself pursuing orthopedics or a sports specialty following PT school. Wash U has a few SPT on their staff and they have a emphasis on movement science, which is a field I believe would work well with my plan. I was wondering if anyone had anything to add about either school. I want to go to school where I can learn from a great faculty, be pushed outside my comfort zone, and be able to get an emphasis on manual therapy. Anything will be greatly appreciated! Best of luck to everyone with school! Thanks.
 
I'm actually torn between Wash U and UIC as well! The cost differential is my main determining factor, but I'm interested to hear what others have to say about the schools too. I've heard that UIC offers one of the best educations in manual therapy out there, but that came from a UIC grad who may have been a little biased. Are you going to the UIC open house on the 6th?

Sent from my HTC6515LVW using SDN mobile
 
Yes, I will be there. My only thing is that I have to take Calculus for UIC or Microbiology for WASH U. The cost differential is the same thing with me. I am like 45 mins away from UIC but would still live downtown. I am just not sure which to choose.