Wash U

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sternum17

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I interviewed at Wash U in late December. I didn't hear from them after the MSTP committee meeting, so I figured that was a good sign. I talked to Brian, and he said I was on the medical school admissions committee's agenda for this past Thursday (Jan 24). However, I didn't hear from them at all Thursday or yesterday. I figured the medical adcom would have made a decision and I'd have known yesterday. Does anyone have experience with the Wash U admissions decisions?

I'm being shamelessly neurotic about this, but hey, it's medical school.

Members don't see this ad.

So I interviewed at Wash U in late December. I didn't hear from them after the MSTP committee meeting, so I figured that was a good sign. I talked to Brian, and he said I was on the medical school admissions committee's agenda for this past Thursday (Jan 24). However, I didn't hear from them at all Thursday or yesterday. I figured the medical adcom would have made a decision and I'd have known yesterday. Does anyone have experience with the Wash U admissions decisions?

I'm being shamelessly neurotic about this, but hey, it's medical school.

I don't think they're necessarily going to call you on THE day that you're accepted by the MD committee, but if you got into the MSTP then it's essentially a done deal. I think they said only one applicant that was accepted to the MSTP had been rejected by the MD in the last few years. Stop worrying and celebrate!

It took them like 2 months to get back to me. Do not fret.

Members don't see this ad :)
I second solitude.

I was originally supposed to be reviewed by the SOM admissions committee on 1/10, but I guess wound up getting reviewed on 1/24...so I wouldn't worry about it. It seems that they let everyone know the admissions decisions via a different medium of communication as well. I bet you'll get your acceptance letter in the mail sometime this week (that is if you didn't get it already today).

I understand your neurosis though...I was going through it too.

They don't always call....they can also mail u a latter.

Thanks guys! Very reassuring. I'm not celebrating yet, but I hope I get to soon!