Washington c/o 2016 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes, you absolutely need to look nice. This is a professional interview. Wear a suit, or at least nice slacks or a conservative skirt and a professional top.

Oh, don't worry--I will definitely be rocking a suit for the interview.

Thank you, thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Oh, don't worry--I will definitely be rocking a suit for the interview.

Thank you, thank you!

No problem :) After you get past Ellensburg and onto Route 26 it's a reeeeeally boring drive. I suggest an audio book, it actually makes me look forward to the trip!

If you want to stop and eat, Ellensburg has the most options. Othello has a Burger King and some other fast food. Royal City has at least a subway. After that there's not much until Colfax. It's funny, I used to think it was a long drive but now since I've done it so many times it's just like going down the road.

Edit: Currently the roads are clear in town. If anyone wants to check, here's a webcam for town. http://www.pullman-wa.com/camera.htm

Starting to get nervous about my interview on Tuesday! This is my 3 round of applications and my first interview (changed states this year, my previous IS did not do interviews).

I'm planning to attend the tour and pizza mixer on Monday--my interview is Tuesday morning and I'm going to drive out to Pullman on Monday morning. Is anyone else going to these on Monday? And what to wear to these?! Do I need to look nice?

Also, is anyone familiar with the drive from Seattle/W Washington to Pullman? I drove out to Stevens Pass last week and didn't really enjoy it. Thoughts?
Good luck! I actually got in on my third application. I hope third time's a charm for you too! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
To all the WSU 2016ers who have gotten emails in the last week -- congrats!!! :D :D :D

ALSO...my roommate is moving out and I may be looking for another one. Gigantic room in Campus Commons apartments. A cat would be okay but no dogs. Rent would be $445/month + utilities and internet.

Let me know if you are interested. :) I'm going into my third year and would like to have another vet student as a roomie!

(And if this sort of post isn't allowed, I can delete... :thumbup: )

To all the WSU 2016ers who have gotten emails in the last week -- congrats!!! :D :D :D

I'm so nervous now. I interviewed on 1/23 and haven't heard a peep. Bad sign? Trying to be zen about it, but it's so difficult!

Congratulations to those who have received good news!

I'm so nervous now. I interviewed on 1/23 and haven't heard a peep. Bad sign? Trying to be zen about it, but it's so difficult!

Congratulations to those who have received good news!

keeping my fingers crossed for you! Try not to fret too much :) and maybe check your spam folder!

ALSO...my roommate is moving out and I may be looking for another one. Gigantic room in Campus Commons apartments. A cat would be okay but no dogs. Rent would be $445/month + utilities and internet.

Let me know if you are interested. :) I'm going into my third year and would like to have another vet student as a roomie!

(And if this sort of post isn't allowed, I can delete... :thumbup: )

Hahaha, to add to this I have a really nice singe wide trailer I'll be putting up on the market. I've timed it: 15 minutes from leaving the font door to being at school. 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, has AC and I'm willing to sell it furnished and throw in vet books too :) 2008 model, I've been the only owner. I don't have dogs or cats. The park allows cats and small dogs - quiet neighborhood. I'll have a website up soon. I'll personally take you on a tour of town and vet school if you buy it!

EDIT: http://pullman.craigslist.org/reo/2904380068.html the ad is up now :)

Last edited:
Hahaha, to add to this I have a really nice singe wide trailer I'll be putting up on the market. I've timed it: 15 minutes from leaving the font door to being at school. 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, has AC and I'm willing to sell it furnished and throw in vet books too :) 2008 model, I've been the only owner. I don't have dogs or cats. The park allows cats and small dogs - quiet neighborhood. I'll have a website up soon. I'll personally take you on a tour of town and vet school if you buy it!
Is it in Moscow? I'm looking into flying solo next year if no potential roomies reveal themselves soon (I can't deal with renewing my lease without knowing for sure I'll find someone) and I am considering trailers.

I just received a snail mail indicating that I am an alternate. Does anyone know how many alternates they end up inviting? (I'm IS, first time applying.) I'll definitely schedule an evaluation, but if anyone knows any data on this, I'd really appreciate it.

I just received a snail mail indicating that I am an alternate. Does anyone know how many alternates they end up inviting? (I'm IS, first time applying.) I'll definitely schedule an evaluation, but if anyone knows any data on this, I'd really appreciate it.

KassiesMom,
I've been lurking around here for a while but I'm pretty sure that I met you at the pizza mixer on the 23rd...
I have my fingers crossed for you!

Is it in Moscow? I'm looking into flying solo next year if no potential roomies reveal themselves soon (I can't deal with renewing my lease without knowing for sure I'll find someone) and I am considering trailers.

Yep, I'm in Moscow :) in the Robinson Park.

I'm not officially sure yet, depending on what the real estate lady says, but mine will probably be priced in the mid/upper 30's. There are many that are are less expensive, but mine is literally the newest trailer in the park.

For anyone else that is shopping around, Golden Hills is the nicest park in Pullman. It also has a bunch of vet students. Robinson in the nicest park in Moscow, we have a few vet students here but nothing like Golden Hills.

For you people needing a pet friendly apartment, Birch Hills seems to attract a bunch of vet student types.

And people seem to ask at some point or another - yes, you can find a place to board your horse. I don't have one, but I know several people who keep their horses out here.

Don't worry, I bet as the first year class solidifies you'll get some potential roomies!

Just got my acceptance letter! Haven't officially decided but I'm 95% sure I'll be in the WSU vet class of 2016 :)) I'm not even finished with all my interviews yet but WSU was for the most part my number one choice. I want to live with 1-3 other vet students, and I'd prefer at least one other first year so we can study together! If anyone's looking for roommates let me know, I'm not bringing any pets so that will probably make things easier in that respect.

Hope everyone else hears good news soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm OOS (California) and just got an acceptance today.

Congrats. They were fast getting letters out. When did you interview?

Thanks! Yeah they got those letters out pretty fast. I interviewed on February 8th.

Has anyone else heard anything from Washington since interviewing? I was told it would take about two weeks and that is tomorrow, but it seems like nobody else has heard anything and I am relatively close to Washington.

I have a friend who interviewed on the 6th and hasn't heard back either. I don't know if that is good or bad.

No news yet either. I was under the assumption it would take them up to two weeks to make the decision. Based on past mailings from WSU, it'll probably take until the end of next week for me to receive anything.

I heard back about the Washington-Utah 2+2 program yesterday. (I got in!!!) so I think the decisions will be on their way soon! Keep your chins up! It's not over til it's over so no news is still good news! :)

Based on past years (my stalking of past years!) it appears they send out an e-mail for acceptance and mail rejections/wait-list. Can anyone confirm this?

Two years ago they sent letters to everyone and I don't think it has changed. Hey APSL and RxyBrtn did you get emails or letters?

Two years ago they sent letters to everyone and I don't think it has changed. Hey APSL and RxyBrtn did you get emails or letters?

My acceptance was via email.

Got waitlisted. Received the letter on Saturday

I received an email first then snail mail of my acceptance.

And for you guys who were put on the alternate list, I just sent in my declination, so hopefully someone else will get some good news soon!!

Best of luck!

Thanks APSL. I'm curious to find out how many people are on the waitlist.

Good to hear APSL. I'm curious how deep the waitlist is this year.

Thanks everyone! And good luck once they start pulling off the alternate.

Congrats to everyone accepted!! I was in your shoes last year (and it seems like forever ago), so if anyone has any questions PM me! I would be happy to help!

PS I can't remember my old login, not my first post :)