Washington State....anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
what state are you from btw?

hey! hang in there. its not over yet! anyway, my letter was dated for the 28th of feb. since i live in HI, im guessing thats why i got the letter today.

Members don't see this ad.

hey! hang in there. its not over yet! anyway, my letter was dated for the 28th of feb. since i live in HI, im guessing thats why i got the letter today.
congrats again :) I'm guessing you interviewed the 22nd correcto? Sorry for the many questions, I'm just really anxious about hearing back from them :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey,

I just got a letter today too! I am from Hawaii as well and I interviewed on the 18th of February. I still haven't made my decision on where to go....options=bad.

Congrats uilani66!! :)
thanks to you! i hope you get one too!

Hey,

I just got a letter today too! I am from Hawaii as well and I interviewed on the 18th of February. I still haven't made my decision on where to go....options=bad.

what other schools have you applied/been accepted to?

Congratulations on your acceptance btw. I applied to three schools UCSF, Oregon State University, and Washington State University. Mainly i am torn between WSU and OSU. I like both schools... I figured UCSF is a great school but kind of pricey. Right now i am leaning toward WSU. If i do decide to go to WSU then I am glad to know there is someone else from Hawaii.

Congratulations on your acceptance btw. I applied to three schools UCSF, Oregon State University, and Washington State University. Mainly i am torn between WSU and OSU. I like both schools... I figured UCSF is a great school but kind of pricey. Right now i am leaning toward WSU. If i do decide to go to WSU then I am glad to know there is someone else from Hawaii.

for sure!!! i think im going to choose wsu because i did my undergrad in oregon at the u of oregon. i find corvallis (where osu is) to be a beautiful campus, and if you choose osu, you get NO SALES TAX in oregano on anything. i think i might try something new, though. i love washington! :D

No sales tax is so nice! especially since I heard our sales tax is WA is going up to 9%! :eek:

What's the sales tax like in Hawaii?

Sadly, i dont know the new Hawaii tax. I think it is around 4.5%. We just pay more because stores add shipping costs to their items. No state tax is awesome.

hey guys..I interviewed on february 15, and still haven't gotten a response from WSU. So does this mean I probably got rejected? I wish they would send out their decision regardless of what it is. I need to plan out my schedule with my other otherviews! ughhh

I would not get discouraged yet. You will probably hear back from WSU in the next two weeks. Good luck!

Yeah, I'm in the same boat, except I interviewed on the 22nd... Still waiting to hear back from them (seems like those that were accepted and interviewed on the 22nd already got their letters).

I live in IL btw, does anyone know how long it takes mail to go from WA to IL?

:(

Members don't see this ad :)
I have decided to go to WSU. You cannot beat their tuition price! I hope all you who are still waiting the best of luck. I look forward to meeting with each of you. Congrats to those who are accepted and to those who will be.

I got my big yellow packet in the mail today!!! I'm IN!!!! :D go COUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh and if anyone wants to know I interviewed last friday feb.29th and I'm in state.

Congratulations! It is great to hear of another individual who has been accepted. I cannot wait to see each of you next fall!

Sorry for whining/B*tching, but I'm expecting a rejection letter/wait-list letter this week from WSU. :( I thought my interview went really well, but I'm guessing my stats weren't too great compared to the rest of the interviewees :confused:. lame :(

Congrats again to those that made it though!

Hey LoonyLuna, don't lose hope yet! I hope you hear good news soon!

I would not lose hope yet either. I almost wonder if they are waiting to send out the majority of acceptance letters. Perhaps, the committee has a very large pile of 'maybes' and are sorting through them still. Good luck! :)

ok im really tired of waiting now. Is it a bad idea to call them and ask them if they have mailed their decision to me yet, without asking them what the decision was??

ok im really tired of waiting now. Is it a bad idea to call them and ask them if they have mailed their decision to me yet, without asking them what the decision was??
oh man, I'm tempted to do the same...I guess it couldn't hurt right? As long as we're not asking them what the decision was...

I want in :( gl to both of us!

I think u guys should hear something by the end of this week b/c it says on pharmCAS that all letters will be mailed out by 2nd week of march

good luck to both of u!!!!!!!!

decided to get rid of this comment, I'm b*tching too much, my bad.

Is everyone done with their pre reqs? I have to take philosophy now. I think I'll just take an online course during the summer.

I am completing my final two courses this semester. I cannot wait to complete everything!

I GOT ACCEPTED!!!:hardy: YAYYYYYYY :-D but the acceptance letter says that if my GPA decreases, than they get to withdraw the acceptance offer...does that mean that if my GPA drops 0.01 points that I won't be able to attend WSU?

Anyone have any idea as to where they're living?

nothing yet!! Interviewed on Feb 15. I am so nervous. Did anyone who interviewed on the 15th hear from them yet?

Hey i'm new here, just wanted to let you know that I interviewed on the 15th too, out of state also (maybe we saw each other?). I got my acceptance on feb 20. Sorry it's prolly some late info...

congrats LoonyLuna! :)

I have no clue where I'm living yet. I was looking at the website online for university apartments. Rent is super cheap in pullman which is so nice!

CONGRATULATIONS :cool: loonyluna. I think the "GPA drop" clause means that if your GPA drops considerably then you lose your seat (when i say considerably i mean totally fail the semester). I cant wait to go to WSU. Darn spring semester. Well I plan on living off campus because rent is so cheap. My interviewer said everything is close to campus and the public transit system is great. So, I wont have to worry about commuting too much. We will see though! Congrats again!!!! Somebody want to start a facebook group???

When do u guys plan on moving over there? I'm thinking I'll probably start moving a couple days before the orientation. I want to live off campus too but then I would have to buy furniture. If I get the university apts, then it already comes furnished.

hmm...decisions.... :confused:

I'm probably going to live in one of the dorms. It'll be more expensive, but I think more convenient for me, especially since I'm coming from out of state (everything is within walking distance, furnished, no cooking, no gas-electric-water bills to worry about, etc), anyone else interested? I'm thinking about living in one of the Women's dorms. Let me know what you guys decide.

Congratulations to the rest of you too!

Congratulations everyone! I am so glad to hear that almost everyone who has been posting has really positive news! It is so exciting. I keep telling my boyfriend that I do not even believe it is real. I am going to be living about 30 minutes away with my boyfriend. We just moved down from Pullman last May, so we do not really want to move back quite so quickly. Additionally, we will definitely be moving to Spokane in two years, so we figured it could probably wait! Luckily, I have some people to commute with, which will make it less of a hassle. I always thought people who commuted were crazy, but I do not want to leave my house just yet! I have gotten used to having all the room after duplex living for the last few years.

CONGRATULATIONS :cool: loonyluna. I think the "GPA drop" clause means that if your GPA drops considerably then you lose your seat (when i say considerably i mean totally fail the semester). I cant wait to go to WSU. Darn spring semester. Well I plan on living off campus because rent is so cheap. My interviewer said everything is close to campus and the public transit system is great. So, I wont have to worry about commuting too much. We will see though! Congrats again!!!! Somebody want to start a facebook group???

You should start a facebook group!! I've already looked for one and I didn't see anything...

Does anyone know how to get your student ID#? Does WSU send more information packets after you put down your deposit? It kind of worries me because my check didnt get processed yet.

I think i will make the facebook group sometime soon. My spring break is next week so i will have plenty of free time. YAY!

Hey MrPatricky. When did u send your deposit in? I sent mines in last Tuesday I think and they just processed it on Monday.

My letter got there last wednesday. My check is a hawaii check though. i have had problems with the processing because it takes longer to clear. hopefully everything is alright. I dont want to miss out on my deposit.

You should try emailing the Admissions office. I did that because I was afraid they didn't receive my check.

Thanks tk1tpod for the advice. I called the admissions office and they confirmed that they received my acceptance deposit. I am just waiting for my transcripts to get to WSU. I hope WSU makes the final four in the NCAA basketball tournament!!!:D

Quick question: I still have to take immunology over the summer and WSU recommended that I take the UC Berkeley class online. Has anyone heard of this program/is thinking about taking it? Would you recommend it/do you think I should take the class at an institution instead?

Just checking my options :)

Hey LoonyLuna, that's great that UC berkeley offers the course Online. Most institutions like mines only offer the course once a year. I almost didn't get a chance to take it because the class was so full and I was on the wait list. I think that if you can find a school that offers it, you should take it instead of doing online. Unless you're really good and just learning out of the book.

I also noticed that for people applying next year that Immunology is no longer a requirement. I wonder why... hmm...

Another question for u guys, did u have to call/email the school to find out what classes u still needed to take or did they just automatically tell u once you received your admission packet?

I don't know. thats a good question. I know they send you something after they verify your transcripts. I would call Marian Horton. She's really nice and I am sure she will answer any questions about your pre-reqs.

Yeah, I emailed Marian--we exchanged a total of eight emails over four days...whoops. I think I annoyed her quite a bit with my questions (regarding what classes I still need to take and whatnot). But yeah, Marian is really helpful, definitely check with her about the classes you still need to take.

lucky WSU COP applicants of '09...

btw, did some research, apparently the Berkeley Extension program isn't that well organized:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=461059

I'm pretty weary of taking immunology via Berkeley, but it seems like it's the only option for me at this point (no schools around me--I've checked ten--with open immunology classes open during the summer + can't find any other immunology "extension/online" courses).

Is everyone done with their pre reqs? I have to take philosophy now. I think I'll just take an online course during the summer.
I checked the WSU pre-req website and I can't find any restrictions on where I can/cannot take the philosophy class... so I can take it via online/at a community college, correcto?

WSU Pre-Pharmacy Course List – Semester Credits

All courses listed below are considered PRErequisites, not COrequisites, and may not be taken concurrently in the first professional year.

University Core Requirements*
[W] Written Communication I – 3 credits
[C,W] Speech Communication – 3 credits
[SD, HD, S(3), H(3)] American Diversity – 3 credits
[I,G,K] Intercultural Studies – 3 credits
[A] World Civilizations – GENED 110 and 111 – 6 credits

PharmD Prerequisites**
Written Communication II – 3 credits
Philosophy – Logic, Critical Thinking or Ethics – 3 credits
Microeconomics – ECON 101 – 3 credits
Introductory Psychology – PSYCH 105 – 3 credits

PharmD Science Prerequisites***
Calculus – MATH 140 or 171 or 202 – 4 credits*~
Statistics – STAT 212 – 3 credits*&
Introductory Biology – BIOL 106 and 107 – 8 credits
Principles of Chemistry – CHEM 105 and 106 – 8 credits
Organic Chemistry – CHEM 345 and 346 – 7 credits
Microbiology – MBIOS 305 – 3 credits*^
Human Anatomy with lab – BIOL 315 – 4 credits*^
Mammalian Physiology – BIOL 353 – 4 credits*^
Biochemistry – MBIOS 303 – 4 credits*#
Immunology – MBIOS 440 – 3 credits*#
Genetics or Molecular Genetics – BIOL 301, or MBIOS 404 – 3 credits*#

* These core courses may be completed by the end of the summer term before beginning the PharmD program. Students who have completed an approved AA/AS Direct Transfer Associate (DTA) degree at a Washington community college or a BA or BS degree at an accredited American college or university are considered to have fulfilled the University Core Requirements. We will also consider them fulfilled if you have an Associate of Arts degree from North Idaho College or from Ricks/BYU-Idaho, or an Associate of Arts Oregon Transfer Degree.

** These courses may also be completed by the end of the summer term before beginning the PharmD program. They fulfill the balance of the university core.

*** These PharmD science prerequisites must be completed by the end of the spring term before beginning the professional program, and all are required regardless of degrees held.
*~ Can be fulfilled by any calculus level course.
*& Can be fulfilled by any statistics course; for instance, business statistics, educational statistics, biometry, et. al.
*^ May be taken at a community college, but must be at least 200-level (sophomore-level). Completing both courses titled "Anatomy and Physiology I" and "Anatomy and Physiology II" will fulfill both of the BIOL 315 and 353 requirements.
*# May not be taken at a community college; these courses must be 300- or 400-level (upper-division) to fulfill the requirement, or evaluated to be equivalent. You will not find any of these courses on the transfer course equivalencies web site.

I checked the WSU pre-req website and I can't find any restrictions on where I can/cannot take the philosophy class... so I can take it via online/at a community college, correcto?

So yeah it looks like we can take it @ a CC! yay! save $$ and some offer it online. :D

Quick question: I still have to take immunology over the summer and WSU recommended that I take the UC Berkeley class online. Has anyone heard of this program/is thinking about taking it? Would you recommend it/do you think I should take the class at an institution instead?

Just checking my options :)

Hey,
I'm currently taking the UCB extention Immunology...It's a LOT of work and the teacher grades SO hard. I spent HOURS doing the unit 1 questions and she gave me a C+. A lot of the questions you can't find in the book or online, you really have to figure it out for yourself- kinda hard to do when you're pretty much teaching yourself in the first place. But as for organized, it's seems good to me. It also sucks that it costs $750...anyway, I didn't have any other options either, so what can you do? Just gotta get through it...