Washington State University 2012 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just wanted to share with those who haven't yet interviewed, this was by far the best interview I had! The school did very well at creating a relaxed atmosphere, and the actual interview was far from intimidating like other schools try to make it. Some of their questions are quite different, but nothing that you should worry about. They took time to stream videos about the school that show what they're doing that makes them unique and innovative. Also, they had a great variety of snacks in every room you go into! lol. This has always been my #1 school, but the interview really cemented that idea, and I'm glad to have received an acceptance!

Thanks for the feedback regarding our interview process. Our faculty and students have worked hard to create and tailor the process, and feedback is appreciated.

AND...CONGRATS on your acceptance!

Members don't see this ad.

Like others here I interviewed on 1/21 at 3pm. I got there during the snow storm earlier in the week. I am very fortunate to receive an acceptance letter immediately. This kinds of makes me think that the writing portion was just to take up some time.

WSU's interview process is very relaxed and almost seems like they don't know what to do with the extra time that they aren't interviewing you. For the writing portion I just wrote something totally unrelated to pharmacy. LOL.

Bottom line is just be relaxed and confident in your interview. The key here is they are looking for "leaders"!!! They stress it so much, so try to incorporate that into your answers in your interview. Good luck to everyone with future interviews and hope to see y'all in Pullman in the fall!!!

:D:D:D

Like others here I interviewed on 1/21 at 3pm. I got there during the snow storm earlier in the week. I am very fortunate to receive an acceptance letter immediately. This kinds of makes me think that the writing portion was just to take up some time.

WSU's interview process is very relaxed and almost seems like they don't know what to do with the extra time that they aren't interviewing you. For the writing portion I just wrote something totally unrelated to pharmacy. LOL.

Bottom line is just be relaxed and confident in your interview. The key here is they are looking for "leaders"!!! They stress it so much, so try to incorporate that into your answers in your interview. Good luck to everyone with future interviews and hope to see y'all in Pullman in the fall!!!

Mine wasn't related with pharmacy either. I didn't think that it had to be related. The person that was proctoring our written portion said that the written part was to assess our writing skills.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to everyone that received an interview invite!

I will be helping with interviews this Saturday in Spokane and am looking forward to meeting all of you! I'm sure I will be in contact with you but let me know if you were from SDN.

Let me know if I can answer any questions for you all.

Go Cougs!
Thank you for spending the time and making it such a warm and welcoming process. I probably met you at the interview on Saturday... luckily I was able to reschedule my interview from Friday to Saturday because my flight to Seattle then to Pullman was canceled on Thursday. I was nervous the entire time because I didn's know what to expect, but I did much better than i thought because I was ACCEPTED right away!!!!! I am super excited and it took me a while to process because everything happened so quick. I am back in CA now and preparing everything else I need to to complete the process. I am really looking forward to August :) to come back.

Thank you again,

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

Thank you for spending the time and making it such a warm and welcoming process. I probably met you at the interview on Saturday... luckily I was able to reschedule my interview from Friday to Saturday because my flight to Seattle then to Pullman was canceled on Thursday. I was nervous the entire time because I didn's know what to expect, but I did much better than i thought because I was ACCEPTED right away!!!!! I am super excited and it took me a while to process because everything happened so quick. I am back in CA now and preparing everything else I need to to complete the process. I am really looking forward to August :) to come back.

Thank you again,

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

What time did you interview? 10am by chance?

Congratulations :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: to all who got acceptance, my interview was on 1/21 as well, The school did an awesome job of creating the most relaxing atmosphere for interview process. I enjoyed the entire interview process, WSU is my top choice,I am so greatful I got acceptance as well.....:love:

WSU accepted 1/21 :thumbup:
Lecom PA accepted 12/1 :thumbup:
Pacific OR committtee hold :thumbdown:
Midwestern Chicago waiting:xf:
CU Denver waiting:xf:
Wyoming waiting
Shenandoh waiting
Campbell waitng

Last edited:
Yup I got accepted on the same day as my interview which was a pleasant surprise. Now I have trouble deciding whether to go to Albany or WSU.

So for everyone that has gotten accepted so far, who is deciding to actually go to WSU next fall??? I myself will be in Pullman in August. We gotta start making our connections so our first year can be an enjoyable one (not like how our ambassadors said: it's the hardest year)!

Congrats! We will be classmates! See ya in August.

is there going to be a facebook page for the fall class?
Hi, I just created a group on facebook. It's called WSU College of Pharmacy Class of 2016. I am looking forward to meeting you all.

Hi, I just created a group on facebook. It's called WSU College of Pharmacy Class of 2016. I am looking forward to meeting you all.

Nice work on taking the initiative and creating a group on Facebook. My suggestion would be to ditch the "WSU" and name it "Washington State University". I created a "WSU" page back in the day and had quite a few people trying to join from Wayne State...

Congrats to those accepted! I will definitely be attending here in Pullman this fall. I found the Facebook group and requested to be added (my name is Nicole). I look forward to getting to know you guys! =)

Members don't see this ad :)
Looking forward to meeting you guys in the Fall. Can you post the link to the facebook group for the class of 2016. For some reason I can only find the WSU college of pharmacy class of 2015 page.

Nice work on taking the initiative and creating a group on Facebook. My suggestion would be to ditch the "WSU" and name it "Washington State University". I created a "WSU" page back in the day and had quite a few people trying to join from Wayne State...
Aha! I just changed it! Thank you :)

I am so excited!!! I just interviewed today at Spokane and I got accepted the same day as well!! It made it so worth it after all the travel troubles I had a few weeks back!!

I am so excited!!! I just interviewed today at Spokane and I got accepted the same day as well!! It made it so worth it after all the travel troubles I had a few weeks back!!

Congrats!!! :) So is WSU your first choice?

Honestly, I love the people, the staff, and the school.. the only difficulty for me is that it is far from home. My dad is 48 years older than I am.. so being gone for four years makes me anxious. I didn't think about this when I was getting accepted because it's my first acceptance so I was just excited.

For now, I am still waiting on some other schools that told me they will let me know about my status before I have to submit a deposit for Wash State.

If only Spokane had direct flights the decision would be much easier. Shortest flight time including lay over is 4.5 hours, and the weather causes flight issues in the winter sadly (I learned the hard way)

Just curious, has anyone heard back/got accepted after the interview??

Just curious, has anyone heard back/got accepted after the interview??

I was at the 2/10 interview. During the exit interview the professor told me that after calculations I slightly missed the acceptance cutoff for the day so they put me on the alternate list. He said that I would know by March 1st (possibly sooner) if I have been accepted off the alternate list but still haven't heard anything.

They said I should hear back betwen 1-6 weeks...I had earlier interview so next week will be pretty much the end of 6th week so am gettig anxious and worried :(

They said I should hear back betwen 1-6 weeks...I had earlier interview so next week will be pretty much the end of 6th week so am gettig anxious and worried :(

I'm pretty sure he said all decisions would be made by March 1st, so just keep waiting.. they might even notify you on the very last day :)

Did you talk to an alumni or an actual professor after the interview (the small chat session while people were watching video)?
And Yes! Stil waiting and crossing my fingers!

Hi everyone! I will be declining my spot, so I hope a spot opens up for one of you! Good luck!

Did everyone have a chance to meet a professor when other students were watching the video, or just some of students had the last interview during watching time?

Did everyone have a chance to meet a professor when other students were watching the video, or just some of students had the last interview during watching time?

I met with an alumni, and was accepted during the chat.

I met with an alumni, and was accepted during the chat.
Congrtulation and good luck. I met an almuni or assistant professor during that time but I didn't give an acceptance letter. I'm curious to know: Did all applicants have that kind of chat at the end?

I believe so...
I'm on alternate list...does anyone know what my chances are based on previous year's status?
I emailed and asked if I could know where I am on the list but the admissions office said they won't be ranking anyone on alternate list until they need to pull someone off that list (probably meaning not until some seats become available...)

I believe so...
I'm on alternate list...does anyone know what my chances are based on previous year's status?
I emailed and asked if I could know where I am on the list but the admissions office said they won't be ranking anyone on alternate list until they need to pull someone off that list (probably meaning not until some seats become available...)

I've got that email too, on Feb 29th. When did you get it?
Does it say in some where of the email that "You are to be commended for the high quality of your application that resulted in your being placed on our Alternate List"? I don't know that if all emails have same format or not?

Congrtulation and good luck. I met an almuni or assistant professor during that time but I didn't give an acceptance letter. I'm curious to know: Did all applicants have that kind of chat at the end?

What do you mean? Every student got pulled from the conference room by an alumni/professor. I was told if you left the room first, chances are you did not get an offer that day. For example, I was one of the last to be called from the room, and so after the completion of the day I asked how the logistics of the acceptances worked. I was told those that didn't get in were let out first so they wouldn't hear the squeals of excitement from others.

What do you mean? Every student got pulled from the conference room by an alumni/professor. I was told if you left the room first, chances are you did not get an offer that day. For example, I was one of the last to be called from the room, and so after the completion of the day I asked how the logistics of the acceptances worked. I was told those that didn't get in were let out first so they wouldn't hear the squeals of excitement from others.
Thanks, this is what i wanted to know

Looking to find female roomate(s)... Please pm me!

Hello everyone!
Congrats to all got acceptance, just cancelled my addmision, a seat for those waitlisted.
Good luck to all in your new life journey!!!!!!

I applied to WSU this year and I have an interview for 12/01 and I didn't see a thread for this cycle so I am so confused as to what to expect on the interview day and the whole process. Do you guys might sharing your experiences