Washington State University College of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

golddagger

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All,
I applied to WSU college of pharmacy and I noticed they need a letter of recommendation from a professional source like employer or volunteer organization personnel.
Has anyone applied to the program without LOR form employer or pharmacist and still got accepted into the program? I like the school but that is the only barrier I have right now.
Why does it matter LOR from employer?

Thank you to all your advice

Members don't see this ad.

I think many schools ask for LOR from those types of sources from what I remember on PharmCas. Have you worked before? Or volunteered somewhere at all? Because using LOR from supervisors in those situations would be sufficient in my opinion. LOR from employer (or supervisor as I see it) is important for schools to learn about your work ethics and your personality I assume. FYI, I'm not a WSU School of Pharmacy student, though did undergrad there and have friends in WSU Pharmacy school currently.

I thought a LOR was always needed. A lot of PharmDs I know got theirs by working as a tech while getting their undergrad. I'd take TNVA's advice and try to get one from someone who's not a pharmacist if that's your only option.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello All,
I applied to WSU college of pharmacy and I noticed they need a letter of recommendation from a professional source like employer or volunteer organization personnel.
Has anyone applied to the program without LOR form employer or pharmacist and still got accepted into the program? I like the school but that is the only barrier I have right now.
Why does it matter LOR from employer?

Thank you to all your advice
Oh, to add to my answer above, one of my friends didn't have any pharmacy experience before applied, so I think it'd not necessary to have a pharmacist as one of LOR reference.

Hello previous applicants,
how long did it take for WSU to reach out to you for an interview?