Washington Univ Medical students in AMSA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sonya

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a pre-med student at Washington Univ in St. Louis.

I want to start a pre-medical chapter of AMSA here. Believe it or not, WashU doesn't have one! Any way, i have talked to some of the people at AMSA about this.

Does anyone know anything about Washu's MEDICAL chapter of AMSA. Besides that it exits. Does anyone know who runs it? Or anyone have a URL for it.

Thanks!
Sonya

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Sonya,

How's it going? I contacted you earlier on another topic. Believe it or not, we have more in common: I am a med student at Wash U. med school, and can tell you quite a bit about AMSA and about starting a premed AMSA chapter. The best way to find out about our chapter is to come to the regional conference, which will be held at Wash U. from Sept. 21-23rd in the EPNEC auditorium. Registration forms are available on the internet at www. amsa.org (go to regional conferences, and you will see). We will have great speakers from all over, many leadership activities and tons of networking opportunities with med students and premeds from all over the midwest region. Check the website for the information.

Also, Sonya, if you have any questions about starting an AMSA chapter, please email me. I have sent you a private message.

Good luck!

Here's a dumb question. What's AMSA? :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by cg1:
•Here's a dumb question. What's AMSA? :confused:

It's not a dumb question. AMSA stands for the American MEdical Student Association, and is the largest student-run organization of physicians-in-training (med students, premeds, residents, etc.). For more info about AMSA projects and AMSA chapters, go to AMSA.org.

Hey Seal,
I got your message and e-mailed you back... did you get it?

Thanks!
Sonya