WashU Admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg87

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering, with WashU having the highest average MCAT scores by far, do they consider MCAT more significant than other top schools? That is, would they be more likely to take someone who doesn't have very strong EC's and hospital experience but has very high MCAT scores than other uber-competitive schools?

Members don't see this ad.

I suppose they're "more likely," but there are still enough applicants to their school with high stats and strong ECs that you have to done something significant to get in. But yes, they are more numbers oriented than their peers.

WashU is "stat-*****" school. They want very high MCAT scores and high GPAs (38+ MCAT and 3.8+ GPA). They also like a lot of research experience.

Members don't see this ad :)
These questions kind of confuse me. Are you going to do nothing but study for the MCAT with the goal of being able to get into WashU? I recommend you get some good experince in areas of intrest AND do your best on the MCAT. That is the best way to increase your chances of getting into any school.

WashU is "stat-*****" school. They want very high MCAT scores and high GPAs (38+ MCAT and 3.8+ GPA). They also like a lot of research experience.

Snore. Another pre-med w/ no real insight.

Wash U is an excellent school with well-qualified, well-rounded (yep, believe it or not) students. The fact that they have very high averages does NOT mean that's all they care about.

(I don't go to Wash U and have no dog in this fight...just sick of hearing this stereotype perpetuated over and over)

did anyone else get a letter from them saying be sure to apply? is that just a standard based on your mcat score or should i really consider applyign there... never thought i'd get even close with a 3.4 36

they send those out to everyone with good mcat scores

k, was so excited to get a letter like that... i didn't think i had a shot at WashU (no i'm not a pessimist, rather a realist)

they send those out to everyone with good mcat scores

Damn, I thought I had a good MCAT score, but I didn't get anything from them that I am aware of. What is this "good mcat score" you speak of?

Damn, I thought I had a good MCAT score, but I didn't get anything from them that I am aware of. What is this "good mcat score" you speak of?

I got a 39 and didn't get one. If you're on a mailing list you'll get it...just like for UG. I haven't gotten any, probably because no one has my email -- theyre just info brochures/info you can find anywhere.

it might have to do with one of the questions you get asked at the end of the mcat--something about releasing scores to schools. the letter i got specifically mentioned the mcat. of course i'm speculating here.

I got a 39 and didn't get one. If you're on a mailing list you'll get it...just like for UG. I haven't gotten any, probably because no one has my email -- theyre just info brochures/info you can find anywhere.

Let's face it, 39 is a crap score...

No letter for me and I did pretty well. Also I checked the little box that says they can release my scores. I've gotten letters from a few other schools.

No letter for me and I did pretty well. Also I checked the little box that says they can release my scores. I've gotten letters from a few other schools.

I know I checked all of the release boxes too, but I don't know that I have received any info from schools (not even my state school). I have to ask, is a 35 just not worth sending a brochure to me? Not that I am discouraged by this at all, but I have heard of lots of people getting info from schools. I did take the MCAT last August, so that is probably part of it too.

I know I checked all of the release boxes too, but I don't know that I have received any info from schools (not even my state school). I have to ask, is a 35 just not worth sending a brochure to me? Not that I am discouraged by this at all, but I have heard of lots of people getting info from schools. I did take the MCAT last August, so that is probably part of it too.

I don't think you have anything to worry about. :luck:

i retract my statement about 'good mcat scores.' obviously a 35 or a 39 is a great score. probably just a random thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.