Med school DO or MD admission specs

Started by eib275
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

eib275

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, I am a critical care Registered Nurse with a Bachelors of Science in Nursing. I'm finishing up prerequisites for medical school. I have to finish about 26 credits (organic, physics 2, chem 2, some other nursing things, cellular bio).. My current GPA is 3.2 but I have 26 credits, mostly science left so I think I have room for improvement. With good recommendation letters and a good MCAT What are my chances of DO or MD admission?
 
I think if you get as many A's as possible, especially in orgo and biochem, that you would have a good shot at either DO or MD. For DO I would shoot for a 506-511 range at a minimum and for MD I would shoot as high as possible.