WashU MSTP applicatoin question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChyLn

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I'm confused about the letter of recommendation portion of the application to MSTP for WashU. Am I to include all the people who are submitting letters on my behalf? Or just those that I have done research with?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

ChyLn said:
Hey guys,

So I'm confused about the letter of recommendation portion of the application to MSTP for WashU. Am I to include all the people who are submitting letters on my behalf? Or just those that I have done research with?

thanks!

I read it is that they want their OWN copies of *all* your recommendations in addition to the ones you submit to the Med School. Further, they state all the PIs you have performed research worked for *SHOULD* submit Letters of Recommendation.

Good Luck!

bottles999 said:
I read it is that they want their OWN copies of *all* your recommendations in addition to the ones you submit to the Med School. Further, they state all the PIs you have performed research worked for *SHOULD* submit Letters of Recommendation.

Good Luck!

I agree there, but when I'm filling out the "Letters of Recommendation" section in the MSTP, do they want me to include ALL the professors that I'm getting Recs from? Or just the ones that I did research with? I've tried entering professors, leaving the "dates that I've worked with him" area blank... b/c I never really 'worked' with those professors, but it wouldn't let me submit... so I'm guessing just PI's then?

Members don't see this ad :)
ChyLn said:
I agree there, but when I'm filling out the "Letters of Recommendation" section in the MSTP, do they want me to include ALL the professors that I'm getting Recs from? Or just the ones that I did research with? I've tried entering professors, leaving the "dates that I've worked with him" area blank... b/c I never really 'worked' with those professors, but it wouldn't let me submit... so I'm guessing just PI's then?

Ahh havnt entered mine in, but why dont you just enter the date of the class(es) you took with them. I would add each prof that is submitting one for ya, that is what I will be doing shortly.

bottles999 said:
Ahh havnt entered mine in, but why dont you just enter the date of the class(es) you took with them. I would add each prof that is submitting one for ya, that is what I will be doing shortly.

Sounds good enough for me.

So I just called the MSTP office today.

They said that it is ok to include all the science people's letters (such as professors/PI's) in that form. For Professors, it's ok to just include the dates that you interactd/had classes with them as dates that you "worked" with them.

;)

ChyLn said:

They said that it is ok to include all the science people's letters (such as professors/PI's) in that form. For Professors, it's ok to just include the dates that you interactd/had classes with them as dates that you "worked" with them.

;)

Kewl thanks for the Update and confirmation. Thats the thing with these precanned forms, sometimes they just dont mesh with every situation.

Good luck with everthing.

ChyLn said:

;)

Also, do you guys find it suprising that they do not have "why MSTP?" letter in their application. Most likely, they updated after AMCAS added Md/PhD essay.

huseyin

huseyin said:
Also, do you guys find it suprising that they do not have "why MSTP?" letter in their application. Most likely, they updated after AMCAS added Md/PhD essay.

huseyin

Considering this is one of the most annoying aspects on this process, I really dont think I'll question YET ANOTHER.... (insert explietive) .... Essay!!! Thank goodness they dont.

Yes, A number of schools have streamlined their app process in light of the AMCAS addition. That can only be a good thing considering how long it took to get to that point.