Waste of time this late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mark1989

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So just got my mcat back today and went from a 26 to 31. GPA 3.76, biochem major with biology minor. Decent extracurriculars and medical experience. Started doing chemistry research in August. It would be the end of next week before my primary would be submitted for verification. Only looking at two schools, Mizzou (missouri resident) and Tulane. Do I have any chance this late?

Members don't see this ad.

So just got my mcat back today and went from a 26 to 31. GPA 3.76, biochem major with biology minor. Decent extracurriculars and medical experience. Started doing chemistry research in August. It would be the end of next week before my primary would be submitted for verification. Only looking at two schools, Mizzou (missouri resident) and Tulane. Do I have any chance this late?

Frankly, not at Tulane. They've probably already got 6000+ apps.

And Mizzou probably, I guess. But still... why not just hold off and apply next year? Are you a senior? If so, take the gap year to make those decent extracurriculars AWESOME, collect med school acceptances, pass go... and obtain MD.

The only thing keeping me from liking your idea is the fact that I'm already a 5th year senior because I changed my major my sophmore year.

Members don't see this ad :)
The only thing keeping me from liking your idea is the fact that I'm already a 5th year senior because I changed my major my sophmore year.

Why the end of next week?

Cool. So waste money applying late.... right?

In the grand scheme of things, one year is NOTHING.

Just enjoy life, apply on June 1st, collect interviews and be accepted in about a years time from now. Good plan huh?

If you don't like his idea to wait until next summer, then you obviously want to apply. So... APPLY! Congrats on the improvement in your score!