Waterloo University Pharmacy applicants Class of 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I didn't get in :((

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
No Email but check Quest for "admit" status!!! I got accepted :) .

Quest update around 3:10 and got my acceptance email at 3:35!!!!!!!! Congratsssss!!!❤️❤️❤️

man I'm so happy right now! Quest Admit and just got the email! woohoo!!! congrats everyone

congrats everyone!! who else here is also still waiting for uoft tomorrow haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Got in :) Got my email at 3:35pm as well

Last edited:
If you were accepted, join our Facebook group! It’s named “University of Waterloo - Pharmacy Class of 2022.”

Hey everyone! I'm in for the class of 2022 :soexcited:! For those that are applying in future years, here are my stats:

• Cumulative Average: 77% with a full-time course load throughout 4 years of university
  • > 6 months of part-time pharmacy experience (at the time of applying)
  • lots of extracurriculars (I was apart of multiple varsity athletic teams and everything like that)
The CASPer test wasn't too bad, just be quick with your answers.

The FSA wasn't horrible, but it was very time-consuming. I recommend practicing quick mental math problems, getting ready to write a lot, as well as reading analytically.

The interview went pretty well, even though I felt like I messed up on 1-2 questions that they asked me. Just remember to smile a lot and not be so serious/robotic... although I might have just been lucky with my panel being pretty chill. I also felt like I finished pretty early... when I left my interview room, everybody else was still in their rooms doing their interview. The total length of my interview probably lasted just under 30 minutes.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask! :D

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, I'm excited to also be joining the Rx2022 class starting this coming January! :D These forums have been incredibly helpful throughout the application process so i'll post my stats in hopes future applicants might find them useful also!

Cumulative Average: ~80% - my grades are all over the place.. my first year and second year marks are terrible (had 60s in a few pre-reqs), so don't let that hold you back if you're in the same boat. I finished my UG with full-time course load for 3 years. I really didn't think I had a chance with some of my marks.
AIF: I really worked hard on this and made sure it sounded genuine. Don't overlook this step! I believe I had ~10 EC's on it.
LOR: The pharmacist I volunteer for wrote me a great reference and I believe this helped me more than anything else in receiving an interview.
Experience: 3 years working as a volunteer pharmacy assistant in a community pharmacy.
CASPer: Yikes.. this was... interesting. I really have no idea how I did, obviously good enough to receive an interview, but I didn't feel confident afterwards. I didn't prepare and definitely wish I had.
FSA: Scientific Article - This was LONG, you need to read fast and keep your focus. I think this took my ~50 mins to finish and I feel that I spent too long.
Math- Wow. I was positive this section would take away my chances of being accepted. The math isn't tricky, I am just not naturally great at math. I remember being halfway done the math section, looking up and seeing I had 10 minutes left to start and finish my essay. I scrambled to finish all that I could but I left a few questions blank. I was sure the last few questions I answered were not right but I'm guessing I got lucky in the end. Definitely brush up on how to do basic things w/o a calculator.
Essay- Thankfully I am a fast writer and was able to put something together in 10 mins.
Interview: My panel were very warm and engaging and immediately made me feel comfortable. I presented on a hobby of mine and how its been influential in my life in so many aspects. I know this is the most cliche' thing to say, but honestly, just be yourself (in the most professional way possible lol). I think my presentation was the best part of my interview. The rest went pretty well, I stumbled on a few questions but overall I felt confident afterwards. My best advise, have a list of examples in your head that you can use to demonstrate certain traits you think they may be looking for. Also, I know its so hard to stay calm, but the more you are able to calm your nerves before and during, the better you'll perform.

I hope this gives others some hope and if you have any questions, I am happy to help :) Lastly, for those accepted to UofT and UW, why did you pick UW?

Hi Guys, excited to be joining UW's Rx2022 class! For those of you applying next admission cycle, these are my stats. I think it'd help people let them know that even bad semesters can't stop you from getting accepted:

I got an offer from both waterloo and UofT haha so for anyone applying to both schools:

3.49 cGPA (81.12% avg)
UofT:
PCAT: Bio: 75, Crit: 59, Chem: 96, Quant: 94, Comp: 90
For my MMI, I felt pretty good overall, maybe a station or two could've been better.
I was actually surprised to be accepted by both schools because I have an F on my transcript (Organic chem I) and a D in thermochemistry (both pre-reqs for UofT pharmacy LOL). Fs are huge red flags for both schools, so I was ecstatic to get offers from both schools. I took full course loads though every fall and winter of my undergrad (might've helped I finished with a lot of high 80s and 90s in my last 2 years of undergrad).

UW:
Super surprised to even get an interview because of my F and Ds on my transcript haha. I might've made up my grades with my casper score and putting effort into my AIF.
I had about 3 months of experience volunteering at a Shopper's Drug Mart community pharmacy before I sent my application. I think my reference letter from my pharmacist was VERY VERY strong (that might've helped too).
I have some extracurricular activities maybe 5 clubs/organizations during uni that I put on my application and even put another 4-5 from high school. If you guys can think of anything that would help in your app, put it down!

For my UW interview, I felt really good about it. I also thought the FSA was fairly straight forward. Didn't really have trouble it with.
I also have 16 months of full-time research experience at SickKids, so that might've made me a unique applicant.

Anyways I've had my fair share of struggles at undergrad so for all of you worried about getting in, don't be discouraged. You can definitely get admitted so long as you know you really want it and will work your ass off for it. I'm also open to answering any questions from anyone :)

Declining my Waterloo offer as I got accepted into both Waterloo and u of t and have choosen u of t

Hi Everyone,
I have luckily been accepted to both UofT and UW and I will be choosing UW. For anyone struggling to decide between the two I have made a comparison between both schools based on experience and approximate costs and am attaching this for you guys as well!
Hope this helps! :)

Attachments

• UW UofT Comparison.jpg
    UW UofT Comparison.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 181
Hey! Did anyone else receive their offer letter? If so, did you notice some mistakes with the date? It seems like they copy and pasted the letter from last year...

Hey! Did anyone else receive their offer letter? If so, did you notice some mistakes with the date? It seems like they copy and pasted the letter from last year...

Like the offer letter you access through quest? the dates look fine to me.

Yes I noticed that too. Looks like they updated some of the dates but not all.

For those of you on the waiting list, I just declined my offer to UoW (after a lot of back and forth)... so a spot should be opening up! Good luck to the class of 2022, I wish you all the best! :)

Hi guys!
I will be hopefully applying this cycle and was wondering how important is the casper in receiving an interview and how/how long did everyone prepare for?

Hello! I am also applying this cycle and am wondering what everyones GPAs were like, their extracirriculars and pharmacy experience. I have 4 years of part time pharmacy work and around an 80 average with not much volunteering but am an executive member of the pre-pharmacy society at my university

Hello! I am also applying this cycle and am wondering what everyones GPAs were like, their extracirriculars and pharmacy experience. I have 4 years of part time pharmacy work and around an 80 average with not much volunteering but am an executive member of the pre-pharmacy society at my university

Hi,

I was wondering in terms of the appliaction due on Jan 2nd, which option did you put for requesting the transcripts on ouac (immediately, end of term etc...)?

Hi,

I was wondering in terms of the appliaction due on Jan 2nd, which option did you put for requesting the transcripts on ouac (immediately, end of term etc...)?

I put for end of term, though that is because I don't have all of my requirements yet, but will have them by end of term.