You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Waterloo University Pharmacy applicants Class of 2023
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
ThinkLevel
Full Member
I personally just read through and practiced the sample questions and worked on my typing speed considering the short amount of time you have to answer.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is the AIF due at 11:59pm on the 21st?
ThinkLevel
Full Member
They did not mention a specific time on their website or their admissions process information sheet, so I would submit it at least a day ahead just to be cautious.
I just submitted mine today 🙂
I just submitted mine today 🙂
ThinkLevel
Full Member
I have around an 80 average with around 4 years of pharmacy at a shoppers and a loblaws pharmacy. I have full course loads for all of first and second year but this semester i am thinking of dropping a course. Do you think having 4.5 course load for this semester will be really disadvantageous?
ThinkLevel
Full Member
I think if you email them they will tell you, but I remember reading in the past years its been around 600.
As you all probably know, the interview invites are not sent yet and will be in April 11. If I get an invite, I will drive my car to Kitchener from downtown Toronto during interview days of May 3~5. I believe it takes only 1 day for entire interview process, and therefore, I am planning for only a day trip. I have currently 1 friend who is hitching ride with me assuming we get the same date.
Let me know if anyone is interested in hitching a car ride with me. I have 3 additional spaces. But again, this is subject to whether or not I get invited to interview and which date my interview is. You only have to pay me for sharing gasoline, which is approximated to be $30 CAD. This gas fee will be equally divided by the number of people in the car.
I can pick-up anyone in downtown area. You can come to TTC subway station if you would like. I will pick-up someone along the Yonge st until Sheppard st as I will be taking 401 highway.
I will post another update after April 11.
This is just a heads-up message for anyone who is interested in driving along with me because I don't really want to go to Kitchener alone and more the merrier. We can discuss about the interview on our way to Kitchener as well. 🙂
Let me know if anyone is interested in hitching a car ride with me. I have 3 additional spaces. But again, this is subject to whether or not I get invited to interview and which date my interview is. You only have to pay me for sharing gasoline, which is approximated to be $30 CAD. This gas fee will be equally divided by the number of people in the car.
I can pick-up anyone in downtown area. You can come to TTC subway station if you would like. I will pick-up someone along the Yonge st until Sheppard st as I will be taking 401 highway.
I will post another update after April 11.
This is just a heads-up message for anyone who is interested in driving along with me because I don't really want to go to Kitchener alone and more the merrier. We can discuss about the interview on our way to Kitchener as well. 🙂
Last edited:
Hey everyone, I'm an Rx2022. If you have any questions, send them my way. I'd be happy to help/provide some insight!
ThinkLevel
Full Member
Hey everyone, I'm an Rx2022. If you have any questions, send them my way. I'd be happy to help/provide some insight!
Hi, I was wondering how you find your workload at Waterloo. Like would it be moderate enough to have a part time job or is it really intense? Thanks!
pharmacygal12
New Member
Hi,Hey everyone, I'm an Rx2022. If you have any questions, send them my way. I'd be happy to help/provide some insight!
I was just wondering what resources you used to prepare for the interview? And also, what did you do your presentation on?
Hi, I was wondering how you find your workload at Waterloo. Like would it be moderate enough to have a part time job or is it really intense? Thanks!
Hi there, Rx2022 over here too.
For me personally, the workload for our 1A (first term of year 1) is pretty busy but manageable if you manage your time well. I only know a few people working part time and they'd be working at most once a week (maybe a weekend). Once 2A (first term of 2nd year) starts, shiz gets real and I barely know any of the second years who tried working part time or they tried and couldn't manage it. Not saying it's impossible, but I've heard the amount of course content they expect you to learn in a given amount of time is pretty overwhelming. Haven't experienced that yet, so we'll see! My advice is that unless it's absolutely necessary, I would try to enjoy your first year and fit your free time with extracurriculars or other hobbies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
nothing here yet either!
PHARM1212xx
New Member
nothing yet!
pharmacygal12
New Member
its so late already
pharmacygal12
New Member
No how bout you
Just got my interview email!!!
ThinkLevel
Full Member
nothing yet for me either 🙁
pharmacygal12
New Member
I didnt get any email yet... is that bad
just got mine!
pharmacygal12
New Member
has anyone not got an email yet
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I haventhas anyone not got an email yet
pharmacygal12
New Member
still nothing.. am in the only one
No I haven't eitherstill nothing.. am in the only one
pharmacygal12
New Member
Does anyone know if they send out more emails for people?
emilediab
New Member
Hi everyone! I got an interview invitation today as well. Congrats to all of you. I created an unofficial facebook group where you can ask questions. Feel free to invite people that received an interview invitation. The group link is Log into Facebook | Facebook
ThinkLevel
Full Member
I would definitely be interested in practicing after finals! I'm in London too
That's awesome! Could you please send me a message? I can't seem to message you...I would definitely be interested in practicing after finals! I'm in London too
ThinkLevel
Full Member
not sure how to message either ...
I didn't use any resources really. I just googled job interview questions and practiced how I would answer them! As for the presentation part, that's up to you and your past experiences/interests/hobbies. I know a lot of people talked about a previous job that they had and stuff like that. I think they just want to get a feel for your personality and communication skills! 🙂Hi,
I was just wondering what resources you used to prepare for the interview? And also, what did you do your presentation on?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I agree! 👍Hi there, Rx2022 over here too.
For me personally, the workload for our 1A (first term of year 1) is pretty busy but manageable if you manage your time well. I only know a few people working part time and they'd be working at most once a week (maybe a weekend). Once 2A (first term of 2nd year) starts, shiz gets real and I barely know any of the second years who tried working part time or they tried and couldn't manage it. Not saying it's impossible, but I've heard the amount of course content they expect you to learn in a given amount of time is pretty overwhelming. Haven't experienced that yet, so we'll see! My advice is that unless it's absolutely necessary, I would try to enjoy your first year and fit your free time with extracurriculars or other hobbies.
lilyrose21
New Member
Hey!
Does anyone know what kinda of math questions will be on the FSA? It says there will be questions using the metric system, but I'm sure its not as simple as conversions..
Regarding the interview, will it be in a discussion type format (i.e. everyone sitting at a table) or is it formatted more like a presentation?
Thanks, and good luck everyone!
Does anyone know what kinda of math questions will be on the FSA? It says there will be questions using the metric system, but I'm sure its not as simple as conversions..
Regarding the interview, will it be in a discussion type format (i.e. everyone sitting at a table) or is it formatted more like a presentation?
Thanks, and good luck everyone!
Can you please accept my invitation to the group? Also, I am practicing just based on some online material. Anyone knows some good material to review for the interview?Hi everyone! I got an interview invitation today as well. Congrats to all of you. I created an unofficial facebook group where you can ask questions. Feel free to invite people that received an interview invitation. The group link is Log into Facebook | Facebook
hi! What is a good website or group to find housing outside the residence? I guess Kijiji is good option but I wanted to know if there is housing group page that gathers U of W students. I prefer to live other fellow Pharm students of possible.Hey everyone, I'm an Rx2022. If you have any questions, send them my way. I'd be happy to help/provide some insight!
Hi there, there's a UW FB housing page that you can use to connect with other Pharm students, but most of the students in the group are non-Pharm students (note you need a UW email to access this page). Later on this summer, announcements will be sent about a student housing page on FB specifically for Pharmacy students or those wishing to live close to the Pharmacy building (will have to be invited into this group after getting your offer).hi! What is a good website or group to find housing outside the residence? I guess Kijiji is good option but I wanted to know if there is housing group page that gathers U of W students. I prefer to live other fellow Pharm students of possible.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K