Waterloo University Pharmacy applicants Class of 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi, I'm planning on applying for this upcoming cycle and it's unfortunate that you were not accepted into the program. I was curious about what your stats were for the previous cycle if you don't mind me asking.
Hi, my GPA was 3.5, 4 years at Waterloo.
Volunteered at a pharmacy for 4 months before my application, I have increased that to 9 months now.
Some different volunteer experiences.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you guys think the white coat ceremony’s still gonna happen in Jan?

Members don't see this ad :)
Here are my stats. I hope this helps and gives hope to those applying in the future :) Feel free to pm me for more info.

I was accepted to Waterloo Pharmacy after 3 years of undergrad.
Average: around 77 (yikes)
Pharmacy Experience: Some volunteering and 3 months working as a pharmacy assistant
Reference: From a pharmacist I worked with as an assistant
ECs: LOTS. Many clubs, volunteering and sports from high school. A few clubs and a leadership position in Uni. A few non-pharmacy related part-time jobs.
Casper: I prepped soo much for this. I had to spend a long time learning to improve my typing speed as I am not the fastest typer. This was pretty stressful tbh.
AIF: I spent A LOT of time on this and I really believe my essays were what got me an interview.
Interview: I prepped a lot, practiced the presentation to friends. Practiced some math too. A big tip is to write a list of experiences from past jobs, clubs, etc... and pull from those to answer questions!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys, has anyone got any more emails regarding next steps, etc. from waterloo yet?

Hello! I'm currently applying for the 2022 admission cycle, and I'm just wondering how the online interview works. For anyone who successfully got admitted this past cycle, how did it go and what were you required to do during the interview? Just a little worried about the new online format and layout as I've never applied before.

Also, do you have any tips or recommendations for a first time CASPer test taker? I'm not really sure how the CASPer test was administered in the past, so does anyone know if covid has affected anything for this?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hello! I'm currently applying for the 2022 admission cycle, and I'm just wondering how the online interview works. For anyone who successfully got admitted this past cycle, how did it go and what were you required to do during the interview? Just a little worried about the new online format and layout as I've never applied before.

Also, do you have any tips or recommendations for a first time CASPer test taker? I'm not really sure how the CASPer test was administered in the past, so does anyone know if covid has affected anything for this?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hey, I'm applying as well. I'm just curious as to what types of EC's you've got as i don't have many. Also, were you able to volunteer/work in a pharmacy and for how long do you think is good enough?

I got off the waitlist yesterday! Excited to meet you all next year!

Does anyone know if for the winter 2021 labs, the lecture portion is online as well or is it all in person?

Hi everyone,

I was admitted to Rx2024 and this group really gave me a sense of community and moral support during the application process this past year :) I really want to help those who are currently applying or are applying to pharmacy school in the future.

To give back to this community, I am offering free 20-min zoom sessions where you can ask me anything you like about my experience with getting into pharmacy school. Just email me at [email protected] :)

Cheers!

Hey, I'm applying as well. I'm just curious as to what types of EC's you've got as i don't have many. Also, were you able to volunteer/work in a pharmacy and for how long do you think is good enough?
I have a lot of volunteer experience, mostly non-pharmacy related. Just generic hospital volunteer, volunteering with children, some science outreach programs for kids while I was in undergrad, and also a couple leadership positions at my university. I've volunteered at 2 different pharmacies, probably about 6 months total. Unfortunately I don't have any actual paid work experience in a pharmacy, so I'm hoping the combination of my EC's and my reference letter will get me an interview.

This is my first time applying, so I'm not really sure how long they think is good enough for volunteering vs actual work experience... I guess at this point I just have to wait for any interview offer!